D&D (2024) Class Iconic Art in the 2024 Player's Handbook

Chaosmancer

Legend
I posted in another thread with my count, and we are close to the same.

Human - 10
Elf - 8
Dragonborn - 6
Dwarf - 5
Gnome - 5
Aasimar - 4
Tiefling - 3
Orc - 3
Goliath - 3
Halfling - 2

Of note: I am not counting Bard and Cleric until we get them confirmed in the videos. I also have a higher Human count because I count Psi Warrior, Mercy, and GOOLock as humans. I am fairly certain about Mercy and GOO, but beginning to lean towards Hill Goliath for Psi Warrior.

Also, I still think the Wild Heart is a Dwarf. I need to see the full spread but it doesn't scream Halfling to me.

All very much fair. I also would count Mercy as human, but I accept that they could be Aasimar or Goliath and I couldn't tell because of the wrappings.

I would also agree with GOO, but there is a fair point that maybe not all the oddities about her are because she is a creepy lovecraftian reference.

I think what sells Wildheart to me is that her shoulders are not as broad as I would expect from the Gloomstalker's image, her hair is less elaborate, and her face is pudgier. She looks youthful, while the Gloomstalker immediately gives me the mature look that is so common with dwarven art. I could be 100% wrong though.

GarrettKP

Adventurer
1720628391126.png

Life Domain looks like a Hill Giant Goliath, making me think the Psi Warrior is just a human.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
On the wildheart: to me, the large nose and ears point to dwarf, but the wild sorcerer also looks like a dwarf to me, so...
The Halflings have much smaller faces, with big facial features. The Dwarves have wide, spacious faces with less prominent eyes and noses than Halflings. Also, lack the huge roujd ears thst we see in all the Halflings.

GarrettKP

Adventurer
Updated numbers:

Human - 10
Elf - 9
Dragonborn - 6
Dwarf - 5
Gnome - 5
Aasimar - 4
Tiefling - 4
Goliath - 4
Halfling - 4
Orc - 3

I am conceding the Wild Heart as a Halfling until further confirmation, but now firm on Psi Warrior not being a Goliath. Mercy and GOO also Human for this list.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
View attachment 371905
Life Domain looks like a Hill Giant Goliath, making me think the Psi Warrior is just a human.
I actually am more inclined to think that the Psychic Warrior is a Goliath now, since this guy has a full head of hair and no skin oddities. Particularly thinking that a Goliath Brawler was the original plan before they pivoted makes sense.

GarrettKP

Adventurer
I actually am more inclined to think that the Psychic Warrior is a Goliath now, since this guy has a full head of hair and no skin oddities. Particularly thinking that a Goliath Brawler was the original plan before they pivoted makes sense.
The Psi Warrior is too small compared to this guy. Hill Giants are rotund, and the Life Cleric art reflects this. The Psi Warrior just looks like a buff Human. I'd have an easier time shifting them to Aasimar than Goliath at this point.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Updated numbers:

Human - 10
Elf - 9
Dragonborn - 6
Dwarf - 5
Gnome - 5
Aasimar - 4
Tiefling - 4
Goliath - 4
Halfling - 4
Orc - 3

I am conceding the Wild Heart as a Halfling until further confirmation, but now firm on Psi Warrior not being a Goliath. Mercy and GOO also Human for this list.
Updated the images in the OP.

I still think there is too little info to make any sort of judgement on the Mercy Monk other than "Humanoid". I also wonder of the Open Hand Monk is an Orc, because that would up parity considerably. So, including our suspicions about the Bard (some of which may be off):

Indeterminate: 3
Human: 8
Elf: 10
Dragonborn: 7
Dwarf: 5
Gnome: 5
Aasimar: 4
Tiefling: 5
Golaith: 4
Halfling: 4
Orc: 3

And missing ar least 2 more.

If the 2 remaining and the 3 Indeterminates shake out just so it would mean at least 5 reps per Species. Which inclines me away from putting the oddballs down as Human just yet.

Remove ads