D&D (2024) Class Iconic Art in the 2024 Player's Handbook

GarrettKP

Adventurer
I am wondering if the Pai Warrior could be a Frost Goliath? The Bigby concept art has all the Goliath types having Grey skin and Grog like tatoos, but what makes the Hill Goliath distinct is thst huge girth we see on the Life Cleric, and the Frost Foliath has a similar blue glow eye thing to the Psi Warrior:

View attachment 371934View attachment 371935
I would not use Bigby's as a judge here. The art for that book was likely done way before they decided to differentiate the Golaith's Giant lineages.

GarrettKP

Adventurer
Well, no, they have a group image with a Fire, Hill, Storm, Cloud and Frost Goliath.
Right, but there is no distinction in skin color or tattoos/markings. They are all just stone goliaths, but one is larger and the others are casting an elemental spell. It is clear they decided to further differentiate them with new skin tones in the PHB.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Hmm, since we have some confusion, maybe(?) this will help? It is the Goliath art from the 2024 Species section

1720649145808.png

1720649177925.png

With these here... none of them look like they could be confused for humans. I think they are (from right to left): Fire, Storm, Stone, Frost, Cloud... and then the Golden skinned woman who is potentially the shortest (Depends on how they are standing) and could be Hill? She does have faint, almost scar-like patterns on her arms. And those patterns on the arms are the most consistent visual indicator. Looking closer, they are also on the face.

Getting this shot of the Psy Warrior
1720649472870.png

I see the consistent markings on his arms and neck. But not on his face. His skin tone also doesn't match. There is a possibility he is half-goliath, or their skin tone just is more dramatically different than the first images depict.

GarrettKP

Adventurer
So this isn’t going to help anything, but the Bard preview got, well, a preview on D&D’s TikTok and it looks like they revealed the Lore Bard art. It’s another human, meaning my main reason for thinking Psi Warrior wasn’t human (double up on species) is gone. I definitely think that with the Psi Warrior and the GOOLock, we are just trying to avoid the truth that Humans are the most represented species in the book art.

To be clear, this isn’t confirmed Lore art. Just seems likely.

Attachments

• IMG_3975.png
    IMG_3975.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 54

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Male: 28
Female: 23
Unknown: 3 (Valor Bard could be the only female dragonborn, Elf Eldritch Knight, and Fiendlock Tielfing)

A lot of the dragonborn seem to be men, but that could be an art change as well.
I was being a bit looser in counting thwt, since it does seem that WotC is trying to allow some gender non-binary and Trans representation in the mix, along with room for ambiguous interpretation. Having 60 characters allows for a lot of shades.

And I am dead certain that I have zero clue what gender any of thebDrafonborn are, or if Drafonborn even have gender. We have come a long way since the notorious Dragonboobs, and I for one am thankful the reptilian characters lack mammalian secondary sexual characteristics.

And I am dead certain that I have zero clue what gender any of thebDrafonborn are, or if Drafonborn even have gender. We have come a long way since the notorious Dragonboobs, and I for one am thankful the reptilian characters lack mammalian secondary sexual characteristics.
I for one am glad I haven't seen a sign of Dragonboobs yet, yes I know some people are really into such a thing.

Remove ads