D&D (2024) Class Iconic Art in the 2024 Player's Handbook

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
The Psi Warrior is too small compared to this guy. Hill Giants are rotund, and the Life Cleric art reflects this. The Psi Warrior just looks like a buff Human. I'd have an easier time shifting them to Aasimar than Goliath at this point.
Hill, no: but another type, possible. The image I caught isn’t great at showing this, but the Psi Warrior is huge

GarrettKP

Adventurer
Updated the images in the OP.

I still think there is too little info to make any sort of judgement on the Mercy Monk other than "Humanoid". I also wonder of the Open Hand Monk is an Orc, because that would up parity considerably. So, including our suspicions about the Bard (some of which may be off):

Indeterminate: 3
Human: 8
Elf: 10
Dragonborn: 7
Dwarf: 5
Gnome: 5
Aasimar: 4
Tiefling: 5
Golaith: 4
Halfling: 4
Orc: 3

And missing ar least 2 more.

If the 2 remaining and the 3 Indeterminates shake out just so it would mean at least 5 reps per Species. Which inclines me away from putting the oddballs down as Human just yet.
My other reason for not thinking Psi Warrior is a Goliath is because of the Lineage spread. We now have a confirmed Hill, Fire, Storm, and Stone Goliath. Would seem dumb to double up on Hill instead of adding Cloud or Frost. They have yet to double up on Dragonborn lineage either.

I see we double posted. The Psi Warrior is definitely not a Frost or Cloud Goliath. Neither share human skin tones like that.

Hill, no: but another type, possible. The image I caught isn’t great at showing this, but the Psi Warrior is huge
He's not a Frost Goliath because I'd think he's have blue skin and white hair if he was, maybe a Fire Goliath but he doesn't really match the Warrior of Elements Monk which is a Fire Goliath.

GarrettKP

Adventurer
Also, it is possible that if the Psi Warrior is a Hill Goliath, the Life Cleric might just be a really big human? Honestly the lack on markings makes me think that may be the case.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Life: Human Man
1720629211309.png

Light: Female Elf
1720629398810.png

Trickery: Female Halfling
1720629590766.png

War: Female Tiefling
1720629849440.png

Also some non-iconics for fun
1720630300320.png

1720630375228.png

1720630512754.png

Argyle King

Legend
Have giants had a surge in popularity during 5e?

Goliaths always had a bit of a connection to giants, but it appears that they are now the giant-descended version of Dragonborn.

The art is high quality. It's a bit too clean and digital-looking for my personal tastes, but they are mostly good pieces.

GarrettKP

Adventurer
Ya, you know what? I agree that life is a human. Those other arts show clear Goliath markings so no reason to think Hill wouldn't have that.

I think Psi Warrior is the Hill Goliath and the Life Domain is just a big boy. Doesn't change my ratios but does fix the Fighter doubling up.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Also, it is possible that if the Psi Warrior is a Hill Goliath, the Life Cleric might just be a really big human?
I am wondering if the Pai Warrior could be a Frost Goliath? The Bigby concept art has all the Goliath types having Grey skin and Grog like tatoos, but what makes the Hill Goliath distinct is thst huge girth we see on the Life Cleric, and the Frost Foliath has a similar blue glow eye thing to the Psi Warrior:

20240710_125704.jpg
20240710_125710.jpg

Remove ads