D&D (2024) Class Iconic Art in the 2024 Player's Handbook

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Her proportions seem the same as the Dwarf Gloomstalker to me. Specifically looking at their left arms, they seem the same. They also have largely the same chin.

Ultimately to me, it is about their body size. All the Dwarf art we have seen is on the thicker side, vs the two undisputed Halflings which have much skinnier limbs and torsos. I just do not think Halfings get that thick.
A Halfling can start with 20 Stregnth or Con, and this is a Barbarian.

Thar comparison is precisely why I don't see them being the same, look at them side by side and see the arm lengths, the Dwarf Cleric has arms that are twice as long compared to her body and doesnhabe gigantic puppy eyes:

Screenshot_20240709_140908_YouTube.jpg
IMG_3961.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
And comparing another less buff Halfling woman with the Gloomstalker: the eye and nose proportions and limb length are clearly giveaways, and as woth 2014 WotC seems to be working to make tjsoe twlls be consistent. The Gloomsralker woman's arms thst are twice as long as the Wild Path Barnbarian woman:

Screenshot_20240709_225809_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240628_120838_YouTube.jpg

GarrettKP

Adventurer
A Halfling can start with 20 Stregnth or Con, and this is a Barbarian.

Thar comparison is precisely why I don't see them being the same, look at them side by side and see the arm lengths, the Dwarf Cleric has arms that are twice as long compared to her body and doesnhabe gigantic puppy eyes:

View attachment 371890View attachment 371891
I think the Barbarian's arm is a perspective thing in the drawing. The arm holding the spear looks the same length as the Cleric's arms. I also do not see the Barbarian's eyes as being that big.

I need the artist for the piece to chime in here honestly.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
I think the Barbarian's arm is a perspective thing in the drawing. The arm holding the spear looks the same length as the Cleric's arms. I also do not see the Barbarian's eyes as being that big.

Not really a perspective issue there: the Dwarves have longer, aduly Human arms, but the Halflings have toddler sized arms?

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him

Here I highland highland arms: these are Small and Medium proportions, in addition to the facial feature and skull shape differences.

Screenshot_20240709_140908_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240628_120838_YouTube.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
I mean the perspective issue on the other arm. The ones you highlighted looks exactly the same to me, honestly.
Really? The arms are clearly very different lengths to me, i.e. Small and Medium. And the major skull shape and facial feature differences, that match the other Halflings and Dwarves, respectively.

I guess we will see when we get official confirmation, but it seems fairly clear on a glance.

Remove ads