Classic Graphic Novels

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Lone Wolf and Cub, Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima

was the english translation of this series ever completed. I collected all of these (the only one I've ever collected) until the US publisher went bung. I'm just wojndering if anyone ever picked it up again...

Thanks for the ideas so far. I'll be adding a few to my list.

Welverin said:
If you don't like Bone, I hate you.
I like Bone, I'm actually picking up the color editions as they come out (only the first so far). I've debated getting the complete volume, but I rather like the colored ones, so may just stick with them, as I've read most of the series anyway.

Are any of these must haves?

Life and Death of Captain Marvel
Infinity Gauntlet
Legion of Super-Heroes: The Great Darness Saga
Daredevil: Yellow
Avengers Assemble, Vol. 1 & 2
Thunderbolts: Justice Like Lightning

I'm not sure if they count as classics yet or not, but the goldfoil covered books from the X-lines during the Age of Apocalypse storyline from about ten years or so ago were all really good, and have had a favorable fan reaction, near as I can tell.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Tonguez said:
was the english translation of this series ever completed. I collected all of these (the only one I've ever collected) until the US publisher went bung. I'm just wojndering if anyone ever picked it up again...

Yes. Dark Horse republished the entire series in english, in the original formatting size. Beatiful books.

They are also currently publishing the Lone Wolf and Cub spin-off Samurai Executioner (I think they are on issue 5 right now).

I highly support both series.

Macbeth

First Post
My faves (including stuff you already have, just for completeness):

V For Vendetta
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Vol 1 and 2)
Watchmen
Top 10
Kingdom Come
Planetary: All Over the World
Planetary: the Forth Man
The Authority (The first two Collections, after that it went downhill)
Sandman
JLA (The most recent series, up through around issue 50, i.e. up through the World War III storyline)
Ex Machina
Stormwatch (The last 2 or 3 collections)
Dark Knight Strikes Again

I cannot say enough about Watchmen and V for Vendetta. Have to be my favorite graphic novels of all time.

And I still haven't read Maus, which makes me sad. I really need to read that.

Remove ads