D&D 5E Clearly the biggest design flaw of 5e

Henry

Autoexreginated
Dice Deficiency Syndrome is a terrible scourge throughout our hobby.

Y'know, when I was a kid, we used to have stores that would immunize against that sort of thing, but ever since they started moving online predominantly, parents just aren't taking care of this like they should and letting dice rollers do all the work. Then, your roller breaks, or your DM demands actual dice, and it's just a travesty. I blame lack of education.

Parents, only YOU can teach your children the importance of keeping adequate stocks of d4s!

A couple years ago I went into the gaming store that bought out/replaced the other gaming store that used to be in town.

They had no RPGS.

Then on the way out...

...they had no dice.

Buying dice online just isn't the same.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The greatest design flaw, Spells.

Examples: The cantrip Friends targets all creatures for 1 minute or broken concentration.

1st level Charm Person only works on humanoids. It contains the same target wants revenge after stuff.
Not sure what you're on about here...
Color Spray 1st level targets all in a 15ft cone. 2nd level Blindness/Deafness targets 1+1 per slot. Deafness is near worthless.
...or here. Does Blindness/Deafness have a longer duration? Regardless, it's a more flexible spell as you can choose which sense you want to hit.
Perhaps if you add Muteness so casters can't verbalize spells.
That one's called Silence; Wizards don't get it, but Clerics do.
Auto damage is terrible unless the target is helpless.
Huh? I can't think of any situation where automatically damaging your enemy is a bad thing.

Lan-"though I'll admit we did get rid of Friends completely a very long time ago"-efan

Arcshot

First Post
The only flaw is with the d4 itself. It doesn't roll.

Nevertheless, I like to roll many dice even with d4s. FEEL the handful of power in your hands!

Mercule

Adventurer
Y'know, when I was a kid, we used to have stores that would immunize against that sort of thing, but ever since they started moving online predominantly, parents just aren't taking care of this like they should and letting dice rollers do all the work. Then, your roller breaks, or your DM demands actual dice, and it's just a travesty. I blame lack of education.

Parents, only YOU can teach your children the importance of keeping adequate stocks of d4s!
We asked my 12-year-old what she wanted for Christmas:

"Dice. Because dice are awesome."

Sweetie, you shall have a full stocking.

JohnTitusRenzi

First Post
This thread is about design flaws.

O.k. have a look at the spell description for Fly and Gaseous Form.

When the duration is over, you fall, unless, of course, you can stop your fall?

In gaseous form, you have advantage on strength checks. What?

Uder

First Post
Does anyone use a dice rolling app (on an iThing, for example) at the table when faced with the need to roll a lot of dice?

I ask because, well... I'm lazy and I wouldn't want to count 30d6.

30d6 barely requires a bucket! You should try some Warhammering!

Remove ads