• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Cleric] Bastion of Health vs. Cure Serious Wounds

Thanee

First Post
Which of these two powers would you prefer and why?

Bastion of Health has the huge advantage of being an encounter power, but will only be useful after both Healing Words have been used up, it also only requires a Minor Action, which is also huge, and has a Range of 10.

Cure Serious Wounds has the huge advantage that it doesn't require a healing surge (i.e. good for those desperate situations), and it heals the target over half of its total hit points at once (i.e. from dying back to not yet bloodied).

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Rashak Mani

First Post
The higher the level the more interesting Cure Serious becomes... since the Cha bonus of Bastion of Health becomes mininal.

One thing you didn't mention -> Cure Serious is a standard action and melee touch. Bastion I'd say is more flexible... range 10 and minor.

Hard choice... it depends on the group I'd say. If the cleric is the only healer... if he has multi classed... if he is laser or a melee cleric. If the group usually runs out of healing surges... CSW is better. If they usually need more in combat healing Bastion might be better.

Ander00

First Post
In most cases I'd say CSW, but it really depends on the party. We typically have someone run out of healing surges before anyone else does, so CSW will allow us to face an extra encounter per day.

cheers

Danceofmasks

First Post
Bastion of Health all the way ..
Just 'cos it's a minor ... and that standard action could be used to bash something with Righteous Brand (or Sacred Flame or Lance of Faith).
Those buffs (and the damage that come with them) will turn the tide of battle more consistently than healing.

Slaved

First Post
With the Choice between Bastion of Health and Cure Serious Wounds I would have to know if the Party has Access to Healer's Sashes or not.

If they do then Cure Serious Wounds has a Higher Value. If not then Bastion of Health has a Higher Value.

keterys

First Post
I'd imagine Bastion of Health is better for most groups in Heroic tier. It gets murkier past that.

I will say that even in my group of 4 dwarves, they still didn't take Divine Vigor. But at least it wasn't dismissed out of hand like it has been for every other party.

Remove ads