• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric in need of help!

ksbsnowowl

Explorer
Just like our Cleric here, when those unusual situations arise, the character may have to reconsider his spell skill load ...
I'm 99% positive that what he's dealing with is an Elder Evil, or something based off of those rules. If the cleric ever wants to use divination or conjuration spells again in the campaign (up through ~20th level), he's going to have to alter his planned skill allotment to deal with the new situation.

He can certainly decide to just ignore 1/4 of his spell list, but personally I'd rather invest some ranks in a skill that has proved to be extremely important for the campaign in which he finds himself.

twizty

First Post
I'm of a similar opinion to N'raac. I'd prefer not to alter my PC's concept for this singular event. Granted it is a fairly large event, but I don't want it to force my hand for the next several levels.

I'm now thinking I'll take a bit of RP into it and start leaning my cleric towards evil. The DM has explained that if I use too many evil spells it will alter my alignment. So with that in mind, the cleric may soon discover that casting evil, malicious spells is coming much, much easier than trying to heal or cure comrades. His god seems to be pushing him in that direction, having made curing/healing as difficult as it is. And he will do as his deity commands.

So now he'd be insane and evil.

Remove ads