• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cloaktrick Rogue: Worst named mini ever?

Mind Flayer Telepath, so its distinguishing feature is its a telepathic mind flayer unlike all the non telepathic ones, sheesh (prepares to get bombarded by a horde of Mindflayer fans saying hardly any are telepathic)
Most Mind Flayers are hardly telepathic! They might be able to blast your mind, but they can't read it! [/horde]

:)

Ginnel

Explorer
Most Mind Flayers are hardly telepathic! They might be able to blast your mind, but they can't read it! [/horde]

:)
Stay back Horde and your naysaying :p I will refute you with the terrible Sword of wiki and shield of online dictionary.

Wiki Illithid (I know a great place to start looking for info a terrible place to end)
"Illithids typically communicate through psychic means. They project thoughts and feelings to each other in a way non-illithids can scarcely comprehend"

thefreeDictionary.com
"telepathy - apparent communication from one mind to another without using sensory perceptions"
"telepathy
Noun
the direct communication of thoughts and feelings between minds without the need to use normal means such as speech, writing, or touch [Greek tele far + pathos suffering]"

Hehe :)

Stay back Horde and your naysaying :p I will refute you with the terrible Sword of wiki and shield of online dictionary.

Wiki Illithid (I know a great place to start looking for info a terrible place to end)
"Illithids typically communicate through psychic means. They project thoughts and feelings to each other in a way non-illithids can scarcely comprehend"

thefreeDictionary.com
"telepathy - apparent communication from one mind to another without using sensory perceptions"
"telepathy
Noun
the direct communication of thoughts and feelings between minds without the need to use normal means such as speech, writing, or touch [Greek tele far + pathos suffering]"

Hehe :)
Er... em...

Telepathy among Mind Flayers doesn't count! Real Telepath can talk to everyone in their mind! And read it too!!! :) Wikipedia is not a source of real information - anyone can edit it anyway!!! <insert a link to Wikipedia discussing this topic> :)

---
I really can't remember at the moment - did the 3.5 Mind Flayer have Telepathy or not? I think he didn't have a mind-reading abilities, which was at odds with with the "Hordes of the Underdark" expansion of NeverWinter Nights, where it was supposedly important to wear a specific mind-protection helmet (even if you had Mind Blank or similar spells available)
And I think they also lost their Astral Projection between 3.0 to 3.5...

The Ghost

Explorer
Seriously, is there any mini with a worse name than Cloaktrick Rogue?

Cloaktrick_Rogue.jpg

Given some of the other names that they have given to minis (DDM & Dreamblade) and M:tG cards; this one seems pretty par for the course.

Remove ads