Cloistered Cleric Variant

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashna(r) weighs a bit too much for that, I'm afraid. :p Of course, If Ashna(r) does get raised, (s)he probably won't travel with Rinaldo for a bit, the level gap is getting a bit too big. ;) I mean, Hogarth is already at a higher level than me! Maybe a nice solo, or "mentoring" a few lower-level characters. Speaking of Hogarth...

Yes to this proposal. Not entirely needed, but maybe we can get it insta-approved.

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, Hogarth might be the highest Cleric in all LEW (looking at only the Clric level. Charlarn is higher, but have level in Ranger...) so he might be the first one to cast Restoration :eek: Nice for a Cohort.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
Rinaldo will try to raise Ashnar again, even if he need to sell his rod of immavobility to gather enough money... the only thing, it is we need to carry your corpse... do you think Ashnar can fit his his handy haversacK? :p
If you sell the items you found, you can easily afford a True Resurrection for Ashna.

Manzanita

First Post
Knight Otu said:
The sad thing being that Ashna(r) actually has a Constitution bonus and still died twice.

Ashnar died AGAIN? Bummer dude; I am sorry to hear that. Those are the breaks, though. And it looks like he's got a good grip on that LEW record, if nothing else. I'm impressed that' you're sticking with him. It would be frusterating to keep getting back to 5th level or whatever.

Knight Otu

First Post
Manzanita said:
Ashnar died AGAIN? Bummer dude; I am sorry to hear that. Those are the breaks, though. And it looks like he's got a good grip on that LEW record, if nothing else. I'm impressed that' you're sticking with him. It would be frusterating to keep getting back to 5th level or whatever.
Rystil jokingly suggested that maybe fate thinks Ashnar isn't exactly a paragon of humanity, as that's the class he'll lose again. I'm not sure yet how Ashnar will return from this particular death, though I know I do want him to return somewhat changed again (the wild surge induced gender change doesn't count for that). It wasn't exactly his own failure that killed him, so maybe he won't experience it as harshly as with the phantasmal killer, but it is still a set-back for him and his perceived duty. And of course I'm sticking with him - I want him to have some impact on the world (I'm not expecting to have him to perform what he believes to be his duty, that's epic material if anything, but his spells are a nice start).

Rystil Arden

First Post
The good news is that Ashnar will likely return at either level 6 or 7, depending upon how much cash the group is willing to shell out on the appropriate raising magic.

Bront

The man with the probe
Velmont said:
Rinaldo will try to raise Ashnar again, even if he need to sell his rod of immavobility to gather enough money... the only thing, it is we need to carry your corpse... do you think Ashnar can fit his his handy haversacK? :p
Vanitri will carry the head and legs if the rest will fit :p

He'll help as well, and is rather upset with the whose situation, but he'll worry about it once the others wraiths are down.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Rystil jokingly suggested that maybe fate thinks Ashnar isn't exactly a paragon of humanity, as that's the class he'll lose again. I'm not sure yet how Ashnar will return from this particular death, though I know I do want him to return somewhat changed again (the wild surge induced gender change doesn't count for that). It wasn't exactly his own failure that killed him, so maybe he won't experience it as harshly as with the phantasmal killer, but it is still a set-back for him and his perceived duty. And of course I'm sticking with him - I want him to have some impact on the world (I'm not expecting to have him to perform what he believes to be his duty, that's epic material if anything, but his spells are a nice start).
Vanitri's a little jaded about the deaths of others, but he feels somewhat responsable, even if he couldn't have known.

Manzanita

First Post
If Ashnar is level 6 or 7, that's still not bad. Better than most other PCs with similar or earlier creation dates. Perhaps fate is telling Ashnar he should drop the paragon levels and stick with wizard. He's also a woman, now, though eh? Perhaps he should be reincarnated instead. Then he could be a female goblin. :lol:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Manzanita said:
If Ashnar is level 6 or 7, that's still not bad. Better than most other PCs with similar or earlier creation dates. Perhaps fate is telling Ashnar he should drop the paragon levels and stick with wizard. He's also a woman, now, though eh? Perhaps he should be reincarnated instead. Then he could be a female goblin. :lol:
He died at level 6, but he's pending a bunch of XP for the fight--7 will only happen with a True Res, I think.

Remove ads