"Clone Wars" Series - I've Heard It's Good?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I get that cartoons aimed at the youth audience aren't going to appeal to everybody. But if you haven't watched it or have only watched a few scattered episodes, it's worth checking out. I like them better than the Prequels. And they get to incorporate more far-flung places and lore in Star Wars, including epsiodes on Ryloth, dealing with Dathomir witches, and Mandalorians.
If I haven’t gotten into it after the half dozen or so eps I’ve seen, I’m not going to engage in a multi-hour homework assignment to double check that I’m not enjoying it! :)

Retreater

Legend
If I haven’t gotten into it after the half dozen or so eps I’ve seen, I’m not going to engage in a multi-hour homework assignment to double check. :)
That's exactly where I was/am. In fact, I would stream the series whenever I had trouble falling asleep (seriously). But so many people have been coming at me like I have been missing out on the best thing that's happened to Star Wars since The Empire Strikes Back, that I'm second guessing myself.

Zardnaar

Legend
That's exactly where I was/am. In fact, I would stream the series whenever I had trouble falling asleep (seriously). But so many people have been coming at me like I have been missing out on the best thing that's happened to Star Wars since The Empire Strikes Back, that I'm second guessing myself.

Rebels is probably better for the average vierer but it helps to watch Clone Wars first.

One could skip to season 3 and start from there. You already know who most of the movers and shakers are.

Last edited:

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Reading this I am reminded of musicals. I hate them. I don’t like hip hop/rap generally either.

i don’t like clear anachronisms as a general rule. Heavy metal or pop music in a medieval adventure film? Pass. To that end, if someone offered me tickets to Hamilton, it would not be worth the paper they are printed on for me. I could force the issue and make myself sit there...but why? Life is shockingly short.

if you don’t like cartoons, or you think the show is dull....move along without apology. Follow your happiness.

you do not have to like it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Reading this I am reminded of musicals. I hate them. I don’t like hip hop/rap generally either.

i don’t like clear anachronisms as a general rule. Heavy metal or pop music in a medieval adventure film? Pass. To that end, if someone offered me tickets to Hamilton, it would not be worth the paper they are printed on for me. I could force the issue and make myself sit there...but why? Life is shockingly short.

if you don’t like cartoons, or you think the show is dull....move along without apology. Follow your happiness.

you do not have to like it.
It’s OK. I wasn’t asking for permission. Just having a conversation.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
That's generally true for me too - but Hamilton still knocked my socks off. Then again, history and political science are interests of mine so it had a means of hooking me - particularly compared to older, classic musicals like Oklahoma, The Music Man, or the execrable Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Funny I was not necessarily talking to you but the op.
Ah, if you’re joining a public conversation after a dozen people are involved but are addressing just one specific member of the group, you should probably investigate some ways to make that clear.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases