• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Close Encounters

Prince Atom

Explorer
I'm doing research on alien encounters and UFOs in preparation for a few short stories, and I figured I'd try here since I can't really go to the library in the middle of work :(

There are several classic close encounters in the late forties early fifties before the greys started kidnapping people, and it's these UFO sightings I'd like to focus on rather than the "Fire in the Sky drag-you-through-a-UFO-strap-you-to-a-table-and-start-playing-find-the-widget" horror story. More X-Files than Tales from the Crypt.

Roswell isn't much of an encounter, but it is significant. I know it happened in 1947; can anybody be more specific?

Also, I have a clear memory of reading one encounter in which the USAF sent up a pilot in a P-51 to chase a UFO, and the P-51 either disappeared or crashed, and the pilot was killed. Anyone have a date on that?

Thanks!

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Look up "foo fighters".

Nope, not the band... But the unexplained WWII UFO sightings over Europe. Some thought they were alien spacecraft, most thought they were some sort of German secret weapon.

Last edited:

Remove ads