D&D 5E Cloud kingdoms....brainstorming

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I’m thinking that your average FRPG setting inhabitant isn’t going to be all that clean.
I think a case like this you’re gonna have more final fantasy aesthetic than Forgotten Realms. I’d expect indoor plumbing and easily available soap and a social to bathe every day, tbh.
And magically recycled water, and hydroponic farms.

Casimir Liber

Adventurer
Ah crap - I forgot I started to flesh out this world and found this:

--------------------------------------------------

The gateway town of Skyhaven will most likely be adventurers’ first contact with the cloudlands. It is populated by humans, gnomes and kenku, with a smattering of other races. It is ruled by a cloud giant. Skyhaven established a Gate with a town on the ground as its inhabitants were fed up with a mushroom and bird diet, craving for fish, meat and the fruits of terrestrial plants. A Gate was explicitly not set up with any settlements in [nearby wizardly kingdom] for fear the wizards would somehow invade and take over the place. There is a thriving trade through the Gate - the cloudlanders getting fruit and berries from trees (they get a bit sick of mushrooms and green leafy things that can be grown up high) as well as meat.

Monsters

Aarakocra (MM p12)
White dragon (MM p100)
Peryton (MM p251) - prey on humanoids
Roc (MM p260)
Giant eagle
Pegasus (MM p250) - live on grasslands
Ice mephit (MM p215)
Aerial assault gnome (ToH p9)
Cloud dragon (ToH p108)
Fogwarden (ToH p151)
Lightning mephit (ToH p229)