• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

C'mon PCGen!!! Help me out!!!

I loved the "Secrets of Theurgy" .pdf from EnWorld publishing. It came out awhile ago (not too long after 3.5 I think). It has some great Mystic Theurge variants, feats, and items. The "Secrets of Theurgy" has been a PCGen dataset for a good long while---but only in the Alpha releases. What is keeping it from being incorporated into a stable release?!? C'mon!!! My Mystic Theurge is begging for some of the cool items/feats and the high-level Prc (Mystic Heirophant I believe).
Please??? :heh:

Last edited:

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Mostly it just needs player testing to make sure it's working correctly per the book. There also might be some critical functionality that wasn't supported by the code that we were waiting on.

Why not email the data team and see if you can help test it and get it into Stable, WP :)

mosat

First Post
Also, any feedback you can provide about the set would be extreamly helpfull. If you know of anything which needs work please give us a post. Thanks.

Might wanna change this page then
http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/acknowledgments/sources.html
(which indicates that certain datasets are only in the Alpha releases).
I might not be able to see the SoT dataset because I am using CMP datasets---and have to use their campaign mode.
I know you guys aren't fully in control of this---but I REALLY wish CMP and PCGen could coordinate their efforts a bit more----using CMP datasets with PCGen tends to get very clunky...

mosat

First Post
Actually we have changed that page, we got a new page and that one is no longer linked in the navigation frame, we just haven't deleted it yet. Here's the new page:

http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/acknowledgments/publishersandsources.html

You'll notice it's still listed in Alpha, it will remain so until I or someone has time to review it and change it's status. And if you are using a CMP gameMode you will not see the set.

As far as cooridinating our efforts we (the open source team) remain open to the idea. It's up to CMP, since thier data is closed, to decide if they want that to happen. The open source team cannot do this without CMP's blessing.

That said it is possible to create conversion sets to import a set built for one system into another, though I admit it does take a bit of know-how to do.

mosat

First Post
En Publishings Secrets of Theurgy for PCGen has been finalised. It has graduated from alpha status and will appear in the next Alpha release (any day now) as well as the final production release for 5.14.

Sweet! Now if I can just figure out how to use SoT with my CMP datasets... CMP's product line is pretty much dead---but their customer support has always been pretty darn good. I will post over there as soon as 5.14 comes out (assuming CMP updates their datasets for compatibility---not always a good assumption...)

Remove ads