• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CN vs. N: Chaotic Neutral Victorious!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Floater floats over to 60N0E30Z and tries a mind thrust straight down, absolutely maximum power output (5d10, DC +2 higher than normal, 1d8 damage to overchanneling).

OOC: I'm assuming Floater is not aware of the immunities of the construct? If he is, then he'll use an energy push (fire) with maximum output.

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC: Floater is not aware, but after one unsuccessful attempt, he will realize that the construct did not have to make a saving throw.

J-Liz seems unaware it is being attacked, and Floater realizes that. Floater takes 4 points of brain damage, leaving him with 18 HP and 16 PP.

Round 400: J-Liz is waiting.

PJSlavner

Explorer
The bolt of fire barely hits (rolled 11 ranged touch) for 14 points of fire damage (Ref save 14 vs. DC 23). J-Liz gets flattened into the ground (rolled 11 Str check) for an additional 11 points of damage. J-Liz has 43 HP remaining. Floater takes 4 points of damage from the effort, and has 14 HP and 11 PP remaining.

Round 401: J-Liz is waiting.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Keep up the energy push (fire) until the astral construct is down or until I'm out of power points. No more overchanneling, though, that hurts.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Floater hits with the fire for 10, and J-Liz cannot dodge it (rolled 7 vs. 23) or resist the force of the blast (Str check 20), taking another 11 points of squishing damage. J-Liz has 22 HP remaining, and Floater has 8 PP remaining.

Round 402: Floater hits, J-Liz does not dodge (14 vs. 17), but does not get squished (Str check 26). J-Liz takes 10 points of damage. J-Liz: 12 HP; Floater: 5 PP.

Round 403: Floater hits, J-Liz dodges (20 vs. 18) but gets squished (Str check 13), taking 2 fire and 4 squish damage. J-Liz: 6 HP; Floater: 2 PP and 14 HP. Floater cannot manifest energy push anymore.

Round 404: J-Liz is still waiting. Go ahead, Floater.

Floater enters the Hall of Fame for most damage done by a spell (25 - Energy Push). This damage was done in round 400 in a previous post, but I wanted to make sure this added note was seen.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Floater wonders why the stupid construct is still there. What's so special about Limbo that makes creatures want to stay? Hmmm....Ah, well. Time to get busy. Floater charges for some hand-to-hand combat (how high does he need to be?). Time compress, please. If Floater wins and has a move action, remaining he'll fly straight up +15ft.

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC Constructs are given the command to fight until they are destroyed. Mindless constructs do not have a self-preservation instinct. I once had a construct flee from a dragon that it could not harm in a long time compressed breathe and flee extravaganza, but I will not make that mistake again. Floater has to come down to 10Z.

Floater touches J-Liz, but the damage is ignored.

Round 405: J-Liz swings its head and bludgeons Floater with it once (one attack went through Floater) for 14. Floater is at 0. Floater takes his MEA and flies up. J-Liz's AoO goes through Floater.
Halfway through round 410 a draw is declared.

Next in the arena in the second half of round 410 for Chaotic Neutral is a fensir (Fiend Folio). Gansk will take over the combat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads