CODE MONKEYS "APPEARANCE"

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
CODE MONKEYS "APPEARANCE"

For those interested, I'll be on next Wednesday's Code Monkey program in the 9 PM slot. It is D&D-based, of course.

Cheers,
Gary

DMH

First Post
It is on the G4 channel (what was once a great source for computer information turned video games and, um, well I can't state my opinion on this board).

Edit- I will try to remember to watch the episode with EGG, however.

Gez

First Post
Joël of the FoS said:
What is the Code Monkeys?

Back when 3e was released, WotC triumphantly announced that, soon, there would be the 3e "eTools" that would allow DM and players to create characters, monsters, dungeons, etc. easily on their computer. The first printing of the PHB even included a character generator demo of eTools.

ETools was never released as it was announced. It ended up being a big bunch of vaporware, and when it was released, it had lost most of its vaunted features.

However, in the meantime, a bunch of gamer programmers started work on their own generator utilities. You may remember Jamis Buck's nifty random generators, who were hosted on EN World. The largest such effort was PCGen, a java program to create player characters.

WotC ended up giving the PCGen coders the eTools hot potato, and so these coders formed a little company named CodeMonkey.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
All I can say is that I hope those that watch the episode will at least be mildly amused. I had a good bit of fun reading the script ans speaking my few lines :D

Ciao,
Gary

Remove ads