• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cognac - Educate Me

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
So, my parents are looking into buying a bottle of cognac. They told me to do the research on it, but its like hitting a stone wall, I can't seem to find any. So please educte me.

What different brands are there? What different kinds are there? Whest is most likely the best bottle for $40-$60?

kenobi65

First Post
loki44 said:
Remy Martin VSOP is a solid pick in that price range.

I can't read that name without thinking about a quote from the album liner for Pete Townshend's "Empty Glass" (this is a paraphrase):

"Special thanks to Remy Martin, for saving my life by making their stuff so bloody expensive."

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
jaerdaph said:
Get 'em a bottle case of Ripple.

Quantity, not quality, is the key.

:lol:

[Fred Sanford]I'll have Scripple, oh that's what I call Scotch and Ripple mixed![/Fred Sanford]

Can you even find Ripple anymore?

Huw

First Post
Of the main brands, Courvoisier and Remy are both good. You don't need anything fancier than VSOP (unless you want to show off the bottle). Recently though I've got to prefer Armagnac over Cognac.

buzzard

First Post
Huw said:
Of the main brands, Courvoisier and Remy are both good. You don't need anything fancier than VSOP (unless you want to show off the bottle). Recently though I've got to prefer Armagnac over Cognac.

Count me in the Armagnac over Cognac camp. It's just got more flavor.

buzzard

Remove ads