• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collaborative Cave!

der_kluge

Adventurer
Just a little bump to let everyone know that rooms 9 and 12 are still unassigned. I was out of pocket most of the weekend...

I may end up taking room 9 if no one else wants. I just don't want to hog most of the dungeon. :)

Conaill

First Post
der_kluge said:
Just a little bump to let everyone know that rooms 9 and 12 are still unassigned. I was out of pocket most of the weekend...
Actually, I claimed #12 back in post #133. I'm just waiting until 3, 5, and 11 are a bit better fleshed out before I nail down the details.

Conaill

First Post
Roger said:
Conaill said:
was just thinking that it may make more sense if these two rooms were swapped.
I don't especially care; I'll leave it in the hands of the editor.
Ilium - seems like you get to cast the deciding vote, if you wish to swap...

For #11, I think both the accumulating dragon gases, and the bit about the dragon occasionally having prisoners thrown in there, both seem to make this encounter more suitable for room #4. Especially if Tonguez were to decide to make #5 impassible for anything larger than Small creatures, as discussed above.

Ilium's proposal for #4 would fit just as well in #11. Maybe #11 is where the ooze in #12 originally came from, before trapping that band of explorers. (I'm still mulling over the geyser idea for #12, but so far I like the trapped explorers angle a lot better.)

Conaill

First Post
der_kluge said:
Tonguez said:
1. The passage ways are too small for the dragons to move through easily
2. The opening is overgrown with a thick tangle of overgrowth (hmm perhaps a colony of Verminvines). The overgrowth admits filtered light but doesn't allow access from below but if enough weight is applied the moss mat will tend to tear (and creatures above fall through)
3. The Verminvine(s) controls a swarm of stinging vermin which even the Dragons would find really annoying (especially if the passageways restrict movement)
Are Verminvines OGL-compliant?
I don't think Verminvines are OGL-compliant. Seems to be either an online bonus critter, or one extracted from one of the supplemental books. Either way, it wouldn't be covered under the OGL.

der_kluge - I assume anything non-OGL woudl be off-limits if we actually try and publish this?

der_kluge

Adventurer
Conaill said:
I don't think Verminvines are OGL-compliant. Seems to be either an online bonus critter, or one extracted from one of the supplemental books. Either way, it wouldn't be covered under the OGL.

der_kluge - I assume anything non-OGL woudl be off-limits if we actually try and publish this?

Right. Plus, it just means people have to add in more sources of information if they want to fully understand the things we're putting in there.

Raven Crowking

First Post
der_kluge said:

I may end up taking room 9 if no one else wants. I just don't want to hog most of the dungeon. :)

Room 9 is going to be the dragons' treasure hoard, right? I am notoriously stingy. :lol:

OTOH, if someone was willing to itemize the hoard, I'd be more than willing to write the description. :)

Conaill

First Post
Hm... thinking of dragon hoards...

With all the acid in this dungeon, it seems likely the hoard will be largely gold, platinum, gems, and some magic items. Most mundane goods not made out of precious metals have probably been corroded away.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads