• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

collecting d20 game mechanics

donm61873

First Post
I'm asking for suggestion for good, d20 OGL mechanics that were so good that they should be considered for use in any campaign or setting.

My first two examples:

1. Ritual Magic, from Rituals and Relics.
2. Feat Templates, from Joe's Book of Enchantment.

Other suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

NeuroZombie

Explorer
The Magic system in Arcana Unearthed. I thinks its the best alternate Magic system for d20 out there. It keeps true to the traditional DnD mold, but gives magic a new feel, one that fits my idea of magic more closely, yet will not alienate players used to the standard system.

donm61873

First Post
NeuroZombie said:
The Magic system in Arcana Unearthed. I thinks its the best alternate Magic system for d20 out there. It keeps true to the traditional DnD mold, but gives magic a new feel, one that fits my idea of magic more closely, yet will not alienate players used to the standard system.

What about the magic system in Elements of Magic? Could you compare the two?

Voneth

First Post
The Ley line rules in Bad Axe Game's Heroes of High Favor: Elves are great.

Soverign Stone's magic system is also solid ... and the magic system does come in a seperate product as well so you don't have to buy the game setting just for the magic.

Series Archer's psi rules are good, but you have to use Spycraft and get two books to use the rules (basic SC and SA)

If you use psionics, you need "If Thoughts Could Kill" to make psionics really shine.

For quick and dirty steampunk, d20 Deadlands works. If you want a more detailed steampunk creation system, WarCraft III is great.

donm61873 said:
What about the magic system in Elements of Magic? Could you compare the two?

I can't tell you anything about AU, but we're revising EoM, and it should be going out some time in September. We fix a lot, and in general make the system smoother and easier to run.

Remove ads