D&D General Color Maps for Virtual Tabletops by Me

DrMapzo

Villager
Thank you all for the responses, I'm glad you find them useful!

Ya, I could definitely use some of these for my campaigns, thanks for sharing!

Are you able to quickly reproduce versions without non-terrain objects? For instance, a version of the winter map without the tipped cart and barrels?

Yes! I didn't mention it in my OP, but I offer multiple variations of my maps on my Patreon; For the winter map there's a version without the cart and another one without the snow for instance. The map also comes with separate cart and barrel tokens if you wish to use them on another map too!

As a long-time user of VTT as well, I definitely agree here. Maps for VTT benefit from not having the grids on them. Just make the map align to a certain dimension* and then say what it is. The user then sets up the map to that size and then is done. This allows the user to operate without a grid, use a different grid color, or add their own terrain objects without disrupting the grid.

*For the dimensions, setting out the dpi and making sure the map dimensions are a multiple of that makes it much easier for a user. A 32x20 map at 100 dpi that is 3200x2000 pixels is super easy to use and handles zooming in fairly well. The user drops the image onto a 32x20 space in the VTT and is done.

EDIT: And the art style is lovely too. Makes me think of Wakfu.

Thank you for your comment and feedback! Another thing I failed to mention on my OP was that I offer both the gridless and high resolution maps on my Patreon page. Most maps are done at 200 dpi. Sorry for not making that clear. I do hope the grid versions can be of some use though.

DrMapzo

Villager
Hello, all!

This week's map is a volcanic-themed wilderness that features varied heights which I know you guys like a lot and a cave that leads to maybe a dragon's lair or maybe somewhere else, but the map's main attraction is the pools of lava scattered around the map, lots of fun for all the party (though I think the DM is the one who is going to have the most fun with them!). I'm also releasing a wolf fire elemental token to go along with it.

2hJEsWE.jpg

cYOmbnr.png

DrMapzo

Villager
Hey everyone!

This week I bring you a map that features a river that your players may have to cross to go somewhere really important, but what they don't know is that this river is home to wicked creatures that will do everything to protect their territory. I added a bridge which could work to their advantage while crossing, but ultimately it's up to you if you decide to make it a hindrance instead!

There's a new free creature token this week as well, an Earth Elemental :).

Have fun!

RiverCrossingU.jpg

Earth Elemental.png

DrMapzo

Villager
For this new map I wanted to make something that had some sort of root theme, so I went for a dungeon that had them growing from the walls, I'm thinking a very ancient dungeon that has been abandoned for so long that nature started to get hold of it.

These ancient dungeons always seem to find a way to attract the foulest vermin though, so the place might not be as abandoned as it seems. Perhaps ghosts of a time long past still roam its halls and no one has dared to reclaim the place; Or maybe the local flora has grown so much that it's full of deadly fungi that make exploration a very tasking ordeal.

EarthDungeonU.jpg

Goblin.png

Remove ads