Combinations used in TWF

Garmorn

Explorer
I ran a half orc who used two bastard swords. He used it as part of his tatics. He would start off with Sword and shield then if he was not being damaged a lot move to either two handed weapon or two weapon fighting style, depending upon the foe and how hard they were to hit. Did not get a chance to play him long so not sure how the concept realy would work.

DwarvenBrew

First Post
Heavy Pick and Hand-Axe

I have a dwarf that uses a heavy pick and hand-axe combo. Not the best min/max, but I think it fits the character. He sometimes lugs around a maul to round out his choices of fighting styles/weapon types.

Darklone

RavenSinger said:
I've got a ranger in my campaign that uses a scimitar and hand axe combo. Not sure why specifically, however I *do* remember him saying he liked the larger crit threat of the scimitar. I also think he likes the image just like DungeonKeeper. I say more power to him.

--RavenSinger

Hmm, That's not me in your campaign, right? *giggle*

Since I have been practising with bastard sword and battle axe since years in RL, my chars often had similar combos... scimitar and handaxe, bastard sword and handaxe, sometimes scimitar and dagger or scimitar and whip.

Well: It's mostly a matter of style.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
My Dwarven Battlerager uses armor spikes and a spiked shield. If he needs a little bit of extra help, he can switch to a Dwarven Waraxe and his spiked shield.

Pretty nice, especially since the custom Batlerager prestige class that I use raises the damage of armor and shield spikes.

Acmite

First Post
Pick this!

One of the characters I have on the back-burner (for when I need a new character) is a Dwarven Ranger who wields a Heavy Pick and a Light Pick.

In one of the games I'm in right now we had a Wild Elven Barb/Ranger/Fighter who used two hand-axes. He was going for a Native American-type character. Cool conceptually, but the character didn't really pan out.

***Edit Log: Fixed Spelling mistake***

Last edited:

Remove ads