Comfort media recommendations?

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Hello community!

I'm not sure if this is the day of reckoning or just dress rehearsal. Either way I really really need some warm fuzzy media to keep my spirits high for my and my family's benefit.

What am I looking for? Upbeat and optimistic feel good movies, series, songs, podcasts, youtube channels. Basically anything.

What I'm afraid of? Need less of? Depressing stuff in general. And more particularly, no dead pets, no dead/dying parents, no parental alienation or daddy issues, and no characters with chronic disease. In general, I've got nothing against space and scifi, but most of the ones I've watched tend to be depressing.

Sorry for asking, but the other day I just had to quit AllStar Superman ten minutes in. And well the next couple of days will be hard, so I need a bit of a distraction to avoid wasting emotional energy and even recharge some of it. So, any help?

Thank you.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Shaun the Sheep series
Wallace and Gromit
Captain Underpants movie
The BBC's Life of Birds
It feels strange to suggest given it's set in a POW camp, but the Hogan's Heroes TV series is a great comedy that should miss everything you listed

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Old-time Radio had some good comedies, these series are my two favorites.

Fibber McGee and Molly is a hoot, scroll down and start a ways in (say episodes in the 80s) when they hit their stride...

Jack Benny is pretty good too, it ran for years and years. Here's one of the seasons...

Last edited:

G

Guest 7034872

As Cadence said, Wallace and Gromit is always good for restoring one's sense of hope and faith in humanity (both needed commodities in this age). It's a Wonderful Life is another one that always does it for me.

I'm sorry to read that times are so hard for you and your family.

Remove ads