D&D 5E Companion thread to 5E Survivor: Species

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Here's the Top Twelve (or the "Dirty Dozen," if your favorite has already been kicked off), in order of highest to lowest score and color-coded:

Elf, Wood (17 points)
Dwarf, Mountain (16 points)
Half-Elf (16 points)

Half-Orc (15 points)
Halfling, Lightfoot (12 points)
Lizardfolk (10 points)
Aasimar (8 points)
Dragonborn, Gem (8 points)
Hobgoblin (8 points)

Gnome, Forest (7 points)
Genasi, Earth (5 points)
Kobold (5 points)

Let’s debate the bias evident in your colour choices!!!
:p

Or not

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Let’s debate the bias evident in your colour choices!!!
:p

Or not
It'd be a short debate, but:

Red = danger, and the deeper the color, the deeper the danger.

So at a glance, you can see that the Kobold and Genasi are in the greatest danger of being voted off the list, and the Dwarf and Elf are in the least amount of danger.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Fantasy nerds constantly underestimate humans.

I blame decades of being told that elves, who suck, are better than us.
I suspect it has more to do with the fact we all know humans and we know our own falt better than anyone else, elves just had magic and being cool and they flowed on from it.
As noted. None of the Hobbits we follow in LotR are gluttons, unimportant, or less epic. Its quite literally, the point of the Hobbit, that despite its roots (our roots!) the things they cherish, are the things with actual value in life, and they are heroic all the same.
our rural and pastoral past was ruled by petty warlord and was back-breaking it is a lie built on a lie for he did perfectly describe his own people once and the plum slothful beasts who would wile way their life and let others burn where only half of it, he forgot how we got our famous near dead garden countryside he so love to frolic in.

Scribe

Legend
our rural and pastoral past was ruled by petty warlord and was back-breaking it is a lie built on a lie for he did perfectly describe his own people once and the plum slothful beasts who would wile way their life and let others burn where only half of it, he forgot how we got our famous near dead garden countryside he so love to frolic in.

Thats the fantasy. D&D is no longer the product for people looking for gritty real life "but with magic". lol

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Thats the fantasy. D&D is no longer the product for people looking for gritty real life "but with magic". lol
it is a fantasy so trite they might as well go play with Hasbro's line of pink ponies the really saccharine ones, farm land does not appear it must be worked hard and kept free of everything that will try to turn it back to its origin.

I never said I wanted real life but with magic there are a lot of options better ones but I seem to fail to remember the words.

Scribe

Legend
it is a fantasy so trite they might as well go play with Hasbro's line of pink ponies the really saccharine ones, farm land does not appear it must be worked hard and kept free of everything that will try to turn it back to its origin.

I never said I wanted real life but with magic there are a lot of options better ones but I seem to fail to remember the words.

You can view it that way. My grandfather farmed his land for 40 years till retirement. Yes, one must work, but its honest work. Its work to provide for your family, friends, and community.

As I get older, I cannot think of much better than what the Hobbits had.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
As I get older, I cannot think of much better than what the Hobbits had.

Yet the Hobbits also followed a class-based society with hereditary wealth and title held by the Took Thains of tne Shire and the Masters of Buckland.
Bilbo and Frodo were aristocracy so we get to see Hobbits raised in a position of privilege, rather than the hard worker, peasant classes - the only glimpse we get to see is Sam and the Gamgees who we learn are tenant-gardeners attached to Bag End. (Sam inherited the gardener status from his father who got it from his grandfather)

Scribe

Legend
Yet the Hobbits also followed a class-based society with hereditary wealth and title held by the Took Thains of tne Shire and the Masters of Buckland.
Bilbo and Frodo were aristocracy so we get to see Hobbits raised in a position of privilege, rather than the hard worker, peasant classes - the only glimpse we get to see is Sam and the Gamgees who we learn are tenant-gardeners attached to Bag End. (Sam inherited the gardener status from his father who got it from his grandfather)

I mean, I did say its British... :D

Remove ads