D&D 5E Companion thread to 5E Survivor: Species

And add onto that the number of people who are blocking/ignoring other people, and we're already elbow-deep in chaos.

Some people on these boards have very strong opinions about the various ancestries in D&D. So strong are their opinions that they ignore/block (or are ignored/blocked by) other members with different points of view. Both groups are more likely to post in this thread, because this is a passionate topic for them and obviously Their Favorite Must Win To Prove They Are Right...but unfortunately they can't see each other's votes. So I predict epic levels of cross-posting.

That's why I saved this one for last.
Oh god that's a really unfortunate but very valid issue, damn.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
my mission statement.
1670867998561.png

Vaalingrade

Legend
A popular approach, it would seem.

So for all of the Humanity Haters, what is your motivation? What do the Humans have/lack that other species on the list don't?
I just killed the base humans for the audacity of not being variants and therefore encouraging featless play.

The rest may live until I've eliminated as many elves as possible

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
...and therefore encouraging featless play.
That's...a bit upside-down, I think. Feats are the optional rule, not the default rule.

It's as good of a reason to downvote it as any other; I would have downvoted it for being boring. "My special power is not being special." Zzzz. I much prefer the Dragonmarked Houses from Eberron. The V.Human in the Player's Handbook is pretty good too, even if the only thing that makes them special is starting the game with a feat.

Last edited:

Remove ads