D&D 5E Companion thread to 5E Survivor: Species

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Aren’t we allowed to upvote the same thing we’re downvoting for a net result -1 vote?
Nope...

Every day, you vote for one species that you like, which gains 1 point. And then you vote for a different species, which loses 2 points. It is intentional that a negative vote is worth more than a positive vote - first, because it takes something extra to whittle these guys down to size. Second, because.
Up vote one race, then down vote a different race.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Aren’t we allowed to upvote the same thing we’re downvoting for a net result -1 vote?
As I understood it, no. You must vote for two distinct things. Since the game(?) is over when only one option remains, you must always vote for two distinct things, +1 and -2.

That said...if people really have nothing to vote for...there is an option for you. A very convenient one! Don't vote. Just let it go (insert meme here.) If everything you care about is gone, it is okay to peace out. I understand sticking with it...but sometimes it's better for the voter to just disengage. That's what I did with the Wizard survivor thread, for example. Yet I recognize that with the subclass finalist showdown, I liked basically nothing on the list, but I stuck around until the bitter end there.

You can also do what I did in some of the other subclass survivors: upvote something you think is unlikely to survive long, and downvote something you think is likely to win. In so doing, you spice up the game(?) for others, making the "action" more intense and uncertain. Or, as I put it back then: Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

Scribe

Legend
Dragonborn are padding. There were so many awesome options that were obliterated by the demi human crowd.
Sigh.

I have a dark horse still in the running. My attempts at getting people to assist went largely unheeded.

I wont get to vote till Monday, and the list is getting pretty short now...

I have a dark horse still in the running. My attempts at getting people to assist went largely unheeded.

I wont get to vote till Monday, and the list is getting pretty short now...
After the human was taken out it quickly became apparent the Elf and Dwarf would be contenders. With the Halfling and Gnome being runner ups.
It was so blatant.

Therefore I couldn't understand why posters who supported non-traditional options like Lizardfolk, Goblinoid, Satyr, Tortle, Minotaur, Tabaxi or Aasimar kept down voting each other's options when they had a common enemy.
What you gonna do? Humans!

Remove ads