D&D General Companion Thread to D&D Survivor: Dragons, Metallic

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Bahamut has been in numerous threads, just like Tiamat. Neither of them are a type of dragon, they are dragon gods.

Ahi can go next.

originally Bahamut was King of the Dragons, the largest and most powerful of all good dragons, and while he might be diety level and worshipped, he wasnt originally a god. He’s also not the only Platinum dragon (albeit they are still exceedingly rare and all powerful enough to be diety level)

I’ve used the iconic old man with the canaries as an encounter in the past, its a fun little diversion for those in the know…

dave2008

Legend
Wow. Can't even get past the first page before the anti-Bahamut dogpile happens. The romantic in my soul yearns to fight on even against an obvious losing battle. The realist in my soul knows there's no point, it would delay things by a day at most. Possibly not even that.
I don't hate Bahamut. Like Tiamat in the previous poll, I don't think he belongs in this poll. It is an issue of fit, not like or dislike.

dave2008

Legend
He’s also not the only Platinum dragon (albeit they are still exceedingly rare and all powerful enough to be diety level)
I have never heard that before. Where are you getting this from? The 1e Monster Manual definitely calls hims "the Platinum Dragon," implying there is a only one.

1696769003872.png

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I don't hate Bahamut. Like Tiamat in the previous poll, I don't think he belongs in this poll. It is an issue of fit, not like or dislike.
This isn't the first time Bahamut has been vote-bombed nigh-instantly. Once, sure, I could see it. This is the third or fourth time now.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
This isn't the first time Bahamut has been vote-bombed nigh-instantly. Once, sure, I could see it. This is the third or fourth time now.
Didn't he win one of the first polls he was in a couple years ago? And then was like in a few polls after that which started the vote bombing? (Or maybe he lost that first one in some Tiamat backlash?)

dave2008

Legend
I was unaware it was a "thing." I vote bombed Tiamat (who is my favorite dragon / D&D creature) in the last poll for the same reason I am vote bombing Bahamut in this one: they don't belong (aka One thing is not like the others)

Last edited:

Remove ads