D&D General Companion Thread to D&D Survivor: Dragons, Metallic

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Didn't he win one of the first polls he was in a couple years ago? And then was like in a few polls after that which started the vote bombing? (Or maybe he lost that first one in some Tiamat backlash?)
Yes, though I believe it was even further back than that, sometime in 2020 IIRC. Edit: Having looked it up, it was in fact almost exactly two years ago, you were right. Nov 2021, "named dragons."

One win and now every future appearance is death.

I was unaware it was a "thing." I vote bombed Tiamat (who is my favorite dragon / D&D creature) in the last poll for the same reason I am vote bombing Bahamut in this one: they don't belong (aka One thing is not like the others)
Alright.

dave2008

Legend
Draconomicon 2E
OK, I checked that book and I couldn't find anything about their being more platinum dragons. In fact, he is listed as unique:

1696785871450.png

Where as other dragons in the Hall of Fame (except Tiamat), are not:
1696785926419.png

Also, Platinum dragons are not listed as one of the new species of dragons in the book which are: yellow, steel, dracohydra, and mercury. I am pretty sure the intent of the Race entry: Platinum (unique) is to say that Bahamut is the one and only platinum dragon. It even says in the description below the stats: "Certainly he is a unique creature who..."

Unless of course it is somewhere else in the book?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
OK, I checked that book and I couldn't find anything about their being more platinum dragons. In fact, he is listed as unique:

View attachment 303050

Where as other dragons in the Hall of Fame (except Tiamat), are not:
View attachment 303051

Also, Platinum dragons are not listed as one of the new species of dragons in the book which are: yellow, steel, dracohydra, and mercury. I am pretty sure the intent of the Race entry: Platinum (unique) is to say that Bahamut is the one and only platinum dragon. It even says in the description below the stats: "Certainly he is a unique creature who..."

Unless of course it is somewhere else in the book?

okay I went to check and it says under the entries for Lendys and Tamara that they are Platinum colored, but yeah it doesnt have a stat block that outright says they are Platinum dragons. So I'll put it down to another vagary of half-remembered lore :)

dave2008

Legend
I do think his image in Fizban's is the best TSR or WotC has produced, but it is still not quite what I picture.
1696787298053.png

Thought I also thought the Wizkids Bahamut mini was pretty cool. Was there reference at this cam from?
1696787406811.png

I also like this 3D printed Bahamuts as well:
1696787492617.png

1696787507029.png

Attachments

• 1696787283132.png
    1696787283132.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 35

dave2008

Legend
okay I went to check and it says under the entries for Lendys and Tamara that they are Platinum colored, but yeah it doesnt have a stat block that outright says they are Platinum dragons. So I'll put it down to another vagary of half-remembered lore :)
That is the best kind of lore IMO!

It sounded like something that could have been in that book, it seemed plausible that is why I checked myself!

Remove ads