• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Divine Feats

Rashak Mani

First Post
I tried using the "search" engine... but people aren't using the best first words for their threads. :)

I need help with a few feats.

- Sacred Healing: The summary table says "..to allies" the Feat description says "all living beings". So which one is it ? If I activate it would other living enemies get fast healing ?

- Quick Turning: If I get this feat does it extend to other abilites that use turn undead ? Like the sacred healing above and the divine vigor for example could be activated as free actions ? I could activate as a free action divine vigor every round and get 2xlvl temp HPs while my turn undead lasts ?

Quick comment... are the feats in the Exalted Deeds pretty weak or I'm being fussy ?

Liquidsabre

Explorer
Rashak Mani said:
I tried using the "search" engine... but people aren't using the best first words for their threads. :)

- Sacred Healing: The summary table says "..to allies" the Feat description says "all living beings". So which one is it ? If I activate it would other living enemies get fast healing ?

- Quick Turning: If I get this feat does it extend to other abilites that use turn undead ? Like the sacred healing above and the divine vigor for example could be activated as free actions ? I could activate as a free action divine vigor every round and get 2xlvl temp HPs while my turn undead lasts ?

Quick comment... are the feats in the Exalted Deeds pretty weak or I'm being fussy ?

(1). Right, text over summary.

(2). No. Divine Vigor "As a standard action, spend one of your turn/rebuke undead attempts...", the Quicken Turning only applies to the turn/rebuke undead ability and does not extend to other abilities that only "spend" the turn/rebuke undead attempts/day.

(3). I never used Exalted Deeds for this reason (and other quality issues).

Rashak Mani

First Post
Liquidsabre(3). I never used Exalted Deeds for this reason (and other quality issues).[/QUOTE said:
Sacred Healing is interesting though... basically after combat you get (1+Cha)x3 hit points for everyone in the group. A regular 7th lvl paladin at 16 Cha would heal 12 hit points of every single group member. Spending only a turn undead... thats like 2 Cure Light wounds worth on each party member !

Rashak Mani said:

No.

Technically, what clerics and paladins do is 'channeling' divine energy. Turning undead is a specific use of that ability that most good clerics get for free. Divine vigor is a specific use of channeling that requires a feat to access. Rebuking undead is a specific use of channeling that most evil clerics get for free. Turning/rebuking elementals is a specific use of channeling that some clerics get for free if they have the right domain.

As such Quicken Turning only applies to turning.

I hope that clears it up. ;)

As such, I suppose you could create a feat called Quicken Channeling that applies to all uses of channeling.

Last edited:

Scharlata

First Post
Rashak Mani said:

1.) The descriptive text overrides the quick summary, says WotC; but I'd define allies just as a bard does: with common sense.

2.) No, you can't use the Quick Turning attempt for any other thing as to really turn/rebuke undead.

3.) Too weak??? Nope, I don't think so. They are written with the BoVD in mind (to counter or override those feats).

Kind regards

Remove ads