Complete Psionic: Archery Powers (No Votes Yet on Either Power)

Patlin

Explorer
Ethereal Volley -- your ammo becomes ghost touch
Perfect Archery -- Avoid attacks of opportunity for firing ranged weapons while threatened

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ethereal Volley is a PsiWar power (level 2). It has a long duration (10 min/level). For melee weapons, it requires a Feat (available at the same time as this power) and is still not 100% effective. So in that sense, it is more powerful than extant options. Someone manifesting this and the Perfect Archery power with Rapid Shot and a light crossbow/longbow will be doing more against incorporeal foes than melee monsters. Of course, they will be burning through power points quicker. This power is not a clear case in my mind.

Perfect Archery is a PsiWar power (Level 2). It also applies for one round (so all attacks in a round would be affected). A very high level PsiWar would then just be able to fire off rounds w/o worrying about where they are---not a game breaker in my mind.

Patlin

Explorer
Re: Ethereal Volley

I'm confused as to your reference to a feat and melee weapons. Projectiles are the only valid targets, and it makes the projectiles ghost touch. There is a psionic feat which improves your odds on hitting incorporeal targets, are you comparing to that? It seems to be a more easilly comparible to the weapon ability, or to the keen edge spell. It's a level lower than keen edge, but it's less generally usefull, and uses up a precious power known slot even on days where you don't encounter any incorporeal foes.

Erekose13

Explorer
I dont think either of these powers make the Psi War particularly powerful. More effective at range versus some opponents sure, but nothing over the top.

Yes

Remove ads