D&D 4E Completed 4e Druid (Updated 7/11, New Items; More Versatile)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I look forward to seeing how WotC does the druid this time around. Mostly because I'd like to know how close I was. Also, even when the druid comes out, many of the powers I've created can very likely be included or reflavored to meet whatever requirements it may have. Also, the paragon paths and the epic destiny are still unique in their own right.

Anyway, very glad that so many have thus far enjoyed the class. I am actually working on the monk next, but maybe I'll consider a unique class. Idk, I'll see what I can toy with.

VBMEW-01

First Post
malcolm_n said:
I look forward to seeing how WotC does the druid this time around. Mostly because I'd like to know how close I was. Also, even when the druid comes out, many of the powers I've created can very likely be included or reflavored to meet whatever requirements it may have. Also, the paragon paths and the epic destiny are still unique in their own right.

Anyway, very glad that so many have thus far enjoyed the class. I am actually working on the monk next, but maybe I'll consider a unique class. Idk, I'll see what I can toy with.

I have no doubt that whatever it is will be an awesome addition to oyr games. And you are certainly right, a lot of the Druid material should fall in pretty seamlessly unless they are writing the "druid form outer space" or something equally off the wall :D

dcviana

First Post
Hi malcolm_n

I'm happy you liked it.

I tried to send you a PV with the link to the original file but I just noticed that in this forum you can't do that.

Can I just put the link here? Or you can send me your email or some other way to contact you.

Phasics

First Post
After playing around with a few builds I came across an idea that would allow a little more flexibility with the class without really changing anything.

Instead of a Defensive/Offensive/Rites Focus choice at 1st level why not just 2 choices

Rites focus
as written
or
Wild Shape focus
Choose 4 traits from the following list, your choices cannot be changed
1) Increase your natural attack by one step (you can take this trait multiple times 1d6---->1d8---->1d10--->1d12(max))
2) Increase the damage dealt in offensive form with melee by +1 (you can take this trait multiple times its effects stack to a maximum of +3)
3) You Gain +3HP at level 1 and +1HP/2 levels (if you take this a second time you gain 1HP/level instead)(take a third time for 3HP/2 levels)
4) When in defensive form you natural armor grants +4 instead of +3 (increase to +7 at 21st and +10 at 30th) If you take this a second time your natural armor increases to +6 while in defensive form (increase to +9 at 21st and +12 at 30th) (third time for +7 , +10 at 21st, +13 at 30th)

Thus you could take 1) twice and 2) twice for the same offensive bonus or 3) and 4) twice for the same defensive bonus.

However you could also take one of each for
1d8 melee
+1 dmg in offensive
+3HP 1HP/2 levels
+4 nat armor

Or

1d12 melee
+4 nat armor in defensive mode
etc
etc

Just opens up the class a bit more without really doing anything to change it.

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Your option isn't bad; but it is complicated. Yes, as written, the abilities are a little more narrow, but that's because of balancing. Bear in mind that you can be a defensive focused druid and take offensive attacks for more damage output; and vice versa. How would your suggestion play toward the powers with benefits for having chosen one path over the other?

celticzazen

First Post
I am running a 3.5 Forgotten Realms game. We are discussing converting it to 4th. One of the players is playing a druid and he was not happy when 4th came out without a druid. I will be giving him your druid to look at and I anticipate converting the game to 4th within the next couple of weeks. I will give it a couple of sessions to gameplay to see how things go and report back to you... looking at the end of July or beginning of August.

A game I am playing in converted to 4th two weeks ago and we are liking it so I don't think my players will have any problems...

Is there anyone working on a barbarian??? I have a player in my game currently running a barbarian... It would be nice for him to continue with one even though he is willing to play another race and class...

Tks for all the awesome work everyone is doing on this site.

Remove ads