D&D 4E Completed 4e Druid (Updated 7/11, New Items; More Versatile)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
My only real argument to the Poisoned Brambles issue is why would a master of rites have a low wisdom?

Yes, those are the multiclass feats. I wrote them long before I had the books, so didn't know and never went back to correct them. I'll do so.

Hummingbird strike is a stance for you. As part of that stance, you give your allies a benefit until the start of your next turn. That way as you remain in the stance, you can continue to grant the benefit to your allies, but on the first turn you don't use the stance, they don't get combat advantage any more.
_____
Taking a moment, thank you so much for helping out as much as you have. I'm almost ready with the Expansion and errata file I was going to post so that nobody has to redownload the whole thing (the whole thing will also be updated for those who do). If it's okay with you, I'm gonna include you as a major resource for updating and editing along with Dire Human. :D Thank you both.

Cat Moon

Banned
Banned
3 words: awesome, awesome, awesome.

Its a damn shame that the PHB left out the druid and barbarian. This'll do in a pinch. Many thanks.

Dire Human

First Post
dcviana said:
Still, I would give the druid the +4 to speed even if nobody is riding him.
...Ladies...

In all seriousness, why not just give the Wildshape: Mount a Mount ability? Say, "If the rider has the Mounted Combat feat, your Mounted Combat ability would be X", where X is something I can't think of right now. That would clearly show that the movement speed and bonuses aren't Mounted Combat abilities, but abilities of the power itself. To clarify it further, call it a Power Bonus.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I have the expansion uploaded and the full download now includes all of the expanded material for new downloaders or anybody who just wants one file to mess with.

dcviana

First Post
malcolm_n said:
Taking a moment, thank you so much for helping out as much as you have. I'm almost ready with the Expansion and errata file I was going to post so that nobody has to redownload the whole thing (the whole thing will also be updated for those who do). If it's okay with you, I'm gonna include you as a major resource for updating and editing along with Dire Human. :D Thank you both.

Wow, I never had my name (or my nickname :p) in anyone's work before, Yay!!!

Seriously, it's good for me to know you like our opinions. You did an amazing job, and by listening to us forum members you also prove that you are not the "It's my work, you have to swallow it the way I want" kind of person.

Again, thanks for this masterpiece.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
dcviana said:
Wow, I never had my name (or my nickname :p) in anyone's work before, Yay!!!

Seriously, it's good for me to know you like our opinions. You did an amazing job, and by listening to us forum members you also prove that you are not the "It's my work, you have to swallow it the way I want" kind of person.

Again, thanks for this masterpiece.
no problem, I'm glad it's been so well received.

dcviana

First Post
Hi malcolm_n.

I took the liberty of creating a new document with your Druid class.

It already have all the errata information and the new features in the Expanded Druid document you published. I made some changes to it, mostly cosmetic, like some power names that I found where not very good (thanks to Dire Human for the new sugestions).

I also took the liberty of reformating the text to be a little more like the core books. It's not perfect, but I tried my best at it.

If you want, I can send you the original ODT (OpenOffice) document. I tried my best to make the new format as easy as possible to edit, so any changes that appear from now on can be quickly implemented in the full text.

Also, if you think I've gone too far by reformating your work, just tell me and I will as quickly as possible remove the file for download.

Just one more time, thanks for your hard work.

Here is the link for the PDF file.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x2fglb

malcolm_n

Adventurer
It looks awesome. I'm gonna post it under the same link. Thank you for formatting it.

I didn't make it editable because I'd like to receive the feedback on the class if somebody feels something can be adjusted.

Yes, please can I have the source so that I can make any necessary changes to it? Thank you.

Last edited:

VBMEW-01

First Post
Very nice, a functional and fun to play class. I've only tinkered with the templates (twice now), but I like what I've seen.

Thanks for putting it all in one file. I like having the templates in with everything else.

The only thing I hate is that they (WotC) are going to do the druid, and all of this wonderful work will seem moot for many (most people want something official). A lot of your ideas are very clever, better than mine, and I hope your next class is a unique one so it can shine even brighter, and longer.

That said, your druid is a great addition for our table and I've already got a player who has "called it" for her next PC. That's power there, she's an obstinate cleric/paladin! We're going to print the whole document and put it in our DDI/Supplements notebook for future use.

Remove ads