Completed Creatures Index & Current Conversions

Cleon

Legend
Thanks. I see that's just the brief entry though, and not the more detailed template that you developed. I'm guessing that template isn't going into the official CC then?

That's right, they went for something less elaborately glorious than the Cleon Special™. B-)

Cleon

Legend
Some of us just prefer simple elegance to baroque masterpieces. ;)

Baroque?

Baroque!!

I said people fail to appreciate genius and here's written proof!!!

My monster creation edifices are not "Baroque", they're Gothic!!!!

They're not smooth marble covered with gold leaf and decorated with putti, they're intricately carved granite topped by spiky bits and festooned with gargoyles!!!!!

:p

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Baroque: "In informal usage, the word baroque can simply mean that something is "elaborate", with many details, without reference to the Baroque styles of the 17th and 18th centuries." Or I could mention the heavy use of ornamentation in Baroque music.

Besides, I thought "Baroque" was nicer than "Byzantine." :p ;)

Cleon

Legend
Baroque: "In informal usage, the word baroque can simply mean that something is "elaborate", with many details, without reference to the Baroque styles of the 17th and 18th centuries." Or I could mention the heavy use of ornamentation in Baroque music.

Besides, I thought "Baroque" was nicer than "Byzantine." :p ;)

Well if you like Baroque that's fine by me, although I prefer the slim pillars and massive domes of a classic Byzantine building myself. :cool:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
You know, given our slow posting pace (well, mine, really) these days, I wonder if it might not make sense to let some of the currently active threads go to sleep for a while once we finish the active conversions. Then we can concentrate on getting some of these groupings finished, maybe plus one more batch of odds and ends.

Cleon

Legend
You know, given our slow posting pace (well, mine, really) these days, I wonder if it might not make sense to let some of the currently active threads go to sleep for a while once we finish the active conversions. Then we can concentrate on getting some of these groupings finished, maybe plus one more batch of odds and ends.

No objection to that.

Of the four batches in my to do list the Haunts, Epics and Shapechangers are all types of creatures that tend to take a long time to do conversions of.

If we add another thread or three for other monsters that should be plenty to keep us amused.

That reminds me, I must remember to add the Bird Maiden to the conversion list once I actually start a Working Draft.

Remove ads