Computers beat up my role player

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
molonel said:
Quoted for truth. Quas has been one of the best and most factual debunkers of nostalgia on this forum, and what's more, he hasn't been unkind or ugly or rude about it.

"Just the facts, ma'am. Just the facts."

What's funny is the amount of ire I've seen directed at him for it.
Caution!

The, "Do as I say, not as I do," rule was very often in operation in the Golden Age of A/D&D (you know, when there were a lot more players than there are now...). Not to say this statement is not applicable today.

Cheerio,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gentlegamer said:
. . . while creating his own propaganda in regard to the current edition and past editions.
Cut him some slacks!

Consider it slyly voicing his own personal opinion, just the same as every other gamer does when given the opportunity.

:lol:
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
molonel said:
As I said:

What's funny is the amount of ire I've seen directed at him for it.
Not so unusual, strong opinions amongst people with differing views of what is entertaining.

Edition wars are truly an unproductive waste of time.

Cheers,
Gary

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Col_Pladoh said:
Not so unusual, strong opinions amongst people with differing views of what is entertaining.

Cheers,
Gary

So Gary do you agree with me that 2e sucked and all those who liked it stink of elderberries?

...What?

;)

Vocenoctum

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:

To be fair though, unproductive wastes of time is 90% of the internet. :)

Vocenoctum

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
So Gary do you agree with me that 2e sucked and all those who liked it stink of elderberries?
While I know you're kidding, when we transitioned first to 1.5 edition (UA, OA, Krynn, etc) people nagged, when we transitioned to 2e, folks hated it without ever reading any of it. I have never liked 100% of any system, but at least I read them first. :)

Remove ads