CONAN! The 4th Most Anticipated RPG Of 2016 Funds In Two Hours! Preview Here!

The fourth most anticipated tabletop roleplaying game of 2016, Robert E. Howard's Conan Roleplaying Game from Modiphius Entertainment, has hit Kickstarter and funded almost immediately (that's no surprise - Modiphius, like Monte Cook Games, has mastered the art of the Kickstarter and runs regular blockbuster crowdfunding campaigns). There have been multiple Conan games over the years, of course; this particular one is, in the publisher's words, "Conan roleplaying as Robert E. Howard wrote it – savage pulp adventure battling ancient horrors in the Hyborian Age". The company has also lined up a stellar collection of artists, so it promises to be a beautiful book when it arrives. I have a couple of pages preview of the upcoming QuickStart.

The fourth most anticipated tabletop roleplaying game of 2016, Robert E. Howard's Conan Roleplaying Game from Modiphius Entertainment, has hit Kickstarter and funded almost immediately (that's no surprise - Modiphius, like Monte Cook Games, has mastered the art of the Kickstarter and runs regular blockbuster crowdfunding campaigns). There have been multiple Conan games over the years, of course; this particular one is, in the publisher's words, "Conan roleplaying as Robert E. Howard wrote it – savage pulp adventure battling ancient horrors in the Hyborian Age". The company has also lined up a stellar collection of artists, so it promises to be a beautiful book when it arrives. I have a couple of pages preview of the upcoming QuickStart.

photo-original.jpg

As I mentioned, it has funded already, so it's already ploughing into the stretch goals - a standalone art book, a campaign book called Conan the Thief, a double-sided Hyborian map, and so on. There's apparently a free QuickStart sample, but it won't be available until Thursday.

So what do you get for your money? For £15 you get the full core book PDF, and for £30 you get the hardcover. It's a 368-page book, full-colour. Alternatively you can get the art book in print for £40; and a whole bunch of combinations of books, PDFs and stuff at different pledge level.

The game uses Modiphius' own 2d20 system (that's the system in Mutant Chronicles 3E, John Carter Warlord of Mars, etc. - roll two d20s, roll as low as possible on each – the more dice that roll low, the more success); it's based on Robert E. Howard's original Conan stories.

Modiphius has kindly sent along a preview of a few pages of the upcoming QuickStart!

Conan-Quickstart-5.jpg

Conan-Quickstart-17.jpg

N01H3r3

Explorer
Funding seems to have really slowed down the last week or so - maybe this is normal for kickstarters.
It is, in my experience. Most Kickstarters I've actively watched have had most of their activity in the first two and last two days, with the pace slowing in the middle.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Funding seems to have really slowed down the last week or so - maybe this is normal for kickstarters.

No maybe about it. Kickstarter funding almost always follows a "U" curve - the first few days and the last few days has most of the activity, with the long flat stretch in the middle where not much happens. The general rule of thumb is that a third of funding happens in the first few days, a third in the last couple of days, and a third in the three weeks in between.

trystero

Explorer

It's pretty common to hit the doldrums in mid-run; the big spikes are typically the first few days (from enthusiasts who back the project as soon as they hear word of it) and the last day or two (from holdouts who've been waiting to see what's unlocked before they commit).

modiphius

Explorer
It always does - we're averaging around £4k a day so it's going well, and with the end surge to come we should cover a lot more books (especially with some of the big news coming...)

11 days to go, I always hate the middle parts of kickstarters! Now the fun should begin in the next couple of days. Love this KS and can't wait to get all my stuff! You made a new fan of the 2D20 system. :)

Remove ads

Remove ads