D&D (2024) Concentrating on more than one spell...

I'd rather have a second slot of minor concentration. One which is also active but does not break on damage (but all other concentration disturbances).

I would make all target self defensive and transformation spells that are currently concentration in this category.
Stoneskin, invisibility (not greater invisibility), barkskin (which could read: if you target yourself, it only costs minor concentration).

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I don't really like the idea. Concentration was a nice idea but so incredibly overused that it created new problems (like reciprocity type buffs/debuffs & such becoming never cast spells). I think that the dramatically scaled back application of concentration supplemented with something like the NCU system that anarchy online uses to keep stacking under control would be a much better solution.

I don't really like the idea. Concentration was a nice idea but so incredibly overused that it created new problems (like reciprocity type buffs/debuffs & such becoming never cast spells). I think that the dramatically scaled back application of concentration supplemented with something like the NCU system that anarchy online uses to keep stacking under control would be a much better solution.

While I liked the NCU system, overall I think not having to track more than a few spells per spellcaster is a boon.
So please just go over the spells and remove concentration from some of them.

mellored

Legend
Just to toss out another idea.

Use your bonus action to concentrate, or do the effect.

I.e. spend a bonus action to gain fly until the end of your next turn.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'd love to see Con mod number of spells you could concentrate on at a time. Though, it would require a lot of rebalancing of the system and that isn't likely to happen. OP idea would work better though seems very convoluted without VTT.

Just to toss out another idea.

Use your bonus action to concentrate, or do the effect.

I.e. spend a bonus action to gain fly until the end of your next turn.

Maybe as an alternate option for some spells that should limit you a bit.

Would not be a good option for barkskin.
But for fly, seems about in line.

Incenjucar

Legend
Casters don't need more raw power. If there are two effects that should be juggled they should be part of a single higher-level spell that lets you choose an effect while you maintain concentration.

Remove ads