Congratulations to 2018's ENnie Award Winners!

Last night, at the Union Station in Indianapolis, the 2018 Gen Con EN World Awards winners were announced in a glittering ceremony, hosted by Andy Hopp, with guest presenters Stacy Dellorfano (ConTessa), BJ Hensley (Lone Wolf Development), Mark Morrison (Campaign Coins), and Amanda Valentine (Masks, Bubblegumshoe)! Congratulations go to this year's group of ENnie-winning writers, artists, designers, and more!

Last night, at the Union Station in Indianapolis, the 2018 Gen Con EN World Awards winners were announced in a glittering ceremony, hosted by Andy Hopp, with guest presenters Stacy Dellorfano (ConTessa), BJ Hensley (Lone Wolf Development), Mark Morrison (Campaign Coins), and Amanda Valentine (Masks, Bubblegumshoe)! Congratulations go to this year's group of ENnie-winning writers, artists, designers, and more!

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 18.27.57.png

[video=youtube;_UiAhyIBK9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UiAhyIBK9c[/video]​

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
It's taken me a few days to figure out how to properly express my gratitude for those who voted for Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG in the ENnies for Best Game and Product of the Year. Because holy warhammer, we won gold in both categories.

This year the OSR absolutely slayed - it was truly landmark year when titles like Star Trek and Pathfinder were left in the dust by DIY and smaller creators.

Now, for story time:

Adam and I had drove from KC to Indy on a whim, hoping to at least shake hands with those we'd long supported over the years and to make a few new connections. We were absolutely stunned when we found out we won Best Game. And, as Zweihänder was announced as the gold winner for Product of the Year, there was a collective "holy 'ish!" in the room, and a massive outpouring of support from the audience. It was one of the most nerve-wracking/proudest moments of my life. It was super tough to hold back tears, particularly in retrospect where my silly elfgame started: in the basement, with some of my best bros, tearing apart Warhammer's mechanical chassis, and situating it beneath my homebrew campaign world.

Getting to meet some of my fav artists, writers and designers was an incredible opportunity, and I was happy to share in everyone's nominations/awards afterwards over drinks. I cannot thank all the nominees enough for being so welcoming - treating us with respect and kindness, and introducing us into a world we had never exposed to as first-time GenCon-goers.

Thank you to everyone who voted in the ENnies, even if you didn't vote for Zweihänder. Your vote matters - it is a recognition for creative and design, along with the long hours of writing, editing, marketing, long hours, lost wages, stress and everything else that rolls into producing a RPG.

If this year's ENnies shows anything, it's that smaller publishers with enough gumption and salt can compete for recognition amongst giants of the industry - and win in spades.

Now, back to running our next Kickstarter for Main Gauche!

All the best,
Daniel Fox & team
Grim & Perilous Studios

ps. here is our Best Game speech and Product of the Year speech.
pps. we also did a talk at GenCon on Twitch's front page about the importance of the ENnies and inclusivity in RPGs

Last edited by a moderator:

Zak S

I cannot thank Zak Smith and James Raggi enough for being so welcoming - treating us with respect and kindness, and introducing us into a world we had never exposed to as first-time GenCon-goers.

Well people were very nice to us the first time we rolled up at Gen Con, so just paying it forward

Thanks, Daniel--it was a great night up on stage for everybody this year and the best Ennies yet as far as I can see

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads