• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Rhun

First Post
Helfdan said:
The tall man in polished armor steps forth and offers his hand to the newcomer. "Hail and well met, master Talisker. I am Sir Alarion of Tovarre."

Brae grasps the man's hand in welcome. "Well met, Sir Alarion of Tovarre. I look forward to serving with you."

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion gestures towards the remaining Alphas. "Come, friend, meet the rest of our stalwart squad, albeit briefly. We must then see master Krado home safely. "

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

As the cleric downs the last of the brownies, a furious chittering commences. A weasel makes its way out of the thin, disheveled constable's backpack near the back of the group, and darts forward. Surprised, the constables scrambles after him, chittering himself.

He scoops up the weasel and dumps him fairly unceremoniously back into the backpack with one last squeak, then turns, slightly embarrassed, to the newcomer.

"Don't listen to a thing Retbi says," he says, indicating his now-stowed familiar. "He's allergic to chocolate, anyway, so he just would have muddied up our link trying to taste it vicariously through me, which always gives me a mild headache. You've saved me that.

"I'm Moru, by the way."
he finishes, offering his hand.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea stayed near the back of the group, surveying the newcomer carefully from behind the smoked-glass lenses of her spectacles. While she couldn't deny that a priest might be a very useful addition to the team, she had her own reservations about those who served the divine. It would be useless, though, to attempt to discern the man's character from a first, formal meeting, so she decided to reserve her judgement.

Waiting until Alarion and Moru had spoken, she then stepped forward. "Welcome to the Alpha squad, officer Talisker," she said in a smooth and pleasant voice. "I am Thea."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

A huge man with skin the color of granite, and granite like markings as well, makes his way over to the newcomer. He is dressed simply, but carries a full complement of weapons suited to his size. His voice is a surprisingly pleasant bass rumble.

"Welcome aboard! I am Kulvo Maklathne'e - SoulFetter is my use name. Are you from the city?"

[sblock=For jkason]
jkason said:
A weasel makes its way out of the thin, disheveled constable

Just where was Moru hiding that weasel, anyway?[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Brae smiles, and firmly shakes the hands of the Alpha Squad as each person is introduced. "Moru, Thea...Soulfetter. It is my pleasure to meet you." At the huge man's question, the cleric shakes his head. "I'm not originally from the city, no. I hail from the village of Sprucehill, in the far mountains." He gestures off in the distance in no particular direction. "A pleasant place, but small. Miners and loggers mostly, and few opportunities to prove oneself. I wandered for a spell after leaving home, and I've been her in the city for a couple of years now. "

Lou

Explorer
Raul

The short (5-5) pudgy human with distinctly elven features in monk's garb moves up to shake Brae's hand, "Pleased to meet you, Brae. I am Ederaul Mameir. My friends call me Raul [rhymes with haul]. I train at the St. Ebelvrin Center for Patience and Enlightenment. Feel free to come workout with us sometime." Staring at the symbol of Meda on Brae's chest, Raul adds, "You may know my mother Lisa from her work at the local 14th Ward mission."

[sblock=Brae]St. Ebelvrin is recognized as a saint of Meda.[/sblock]

Turning to the halfling mapmaker, Raul asks, "Mr. Lyman, we have had a long trek back to the city. Would you care for a drink and some food before returning home? We have already sent word to your wife that you are safe. Our new constable Brae is buying the first round in lieu of our brownies." Raul grins at Brae. "We know just the place for a quiet drink and a warm meal."

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Brae]Yes, you are familiar with Lisa Mameir from some of your work at the 14th Ward Mission. She's a kind lady with a heart of gold, even if she does have a slight tendency to ramble on and on and on about her son Raul, and how he is so good to always help his poor mother, and even on his MEAGER salary that he has to pratically beg that horrible old dwarf for every week.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC: Raul]Who are these halflings that you have heard of who refuse offers of food and/or drink? :)[/sblock]

Krado Lyman puts his thumbs behind his suspenders and arches his back luxuriantly. "Wellllll, as anxious as I am to get home and see the missus, I don't think you'd have to twist my arm too awfully hard to convince me to partake of a wee dram and a bite with you."

Remove ads