• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Rhun

First Post
Brae warmly shakes Raul hand next.. "Greetings to you, Raul. And yes, I do have the pleasure of being acquinted with your mother. Lisa is a very kind woman, with a heart of gold. The city, indeed the world, needs more such folk as her." At the mention of food and a drink, the cleric smiles even broader, and scratches at his beard. "I must say, the thought of a cool ale sounds quite nice."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"I for one am famished - if I don't get a stave in my belly soon I fear I'll waste away to nothing."

With this pronouncement, SoulFetter ducks under the lintel and exits the office. Once outside he turns to address his companions.

"Are you coming? Best hurry before those sausages are taken care of!"

Rhun

First Post
Braevil hurries after the mighty Soulfetter. By all appearances, the Urgant could eat a tavern out of all its food, and still go looking for more. "Of course, of course, we're coming. The first round is on me, afterall."

Leif

Adventurer
The Polished Staff

OOC: Everybody coming for eats at the Polished Staff?

IC: Soulfetter and Brae out-hustle everybody else to the Polished Staff. A Gnome, that SoulFetter says is Gus Goldwort, the semi-official "Special Squad Bartender," sees them coming and hurries back inside to make ready. When they enter, he is nowhere to be seen, but the grinning halfling proprietress, Mattie Bulgar, loudly greets them and says, "Gus is getting your usual spot warmed up and ready." With a wink and a grin for Soulfetter, she says, "I've just taken a load of staves out of the oven, and I spiced them special for you, lad!" And greeting Brae, she says, "I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you, Sir, but any friend of SoulFetter's is certainly welcome under my roof! My word, but he can make my staves vanish! And I thought Moru was the wizard among you lads!" And then to SoulFetter, she says, "Aren't you going to introduce me to your handsome friend?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Once in the office Jonas relates the exploits of the Alphas to Iggy. He makes sure to highlight the contributions each individual made throughout the journey, if downplaying his own role. He describes in great detail the encounter with the Bloody Moon orc tribe.

As he finishes up the tale and the deal that was struck he adds as a commentary to Iggy.

"I believe that the Greasy Boys are correct in this sir. The Bloody Moons are currently and will be a significant threat to the city. The are well armed, much more so that most residents of the 13th ought to be. Someone is arming them. I believe that it is the Brotherhood, seeking to create a puppet out of the orcs to fulfill their nefarious plans."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"Mattie, this is Braevil Talisker - newest addition to the Alpha Squad. We've brought him over to get him acquainted with the best food in the city. He's buying the first round of staves. Brae, this is Mattie Bulger. She's the proprietess of this fine establishment."

Leif

Adventurer
Mattie Bulgar

"Brae, it's very nice to meet you. You boys just head on into the Special Squad Room, and I'll get a load of staves right to you! Honeyed mead, is it SoulFetter? And what will you be drinking, Brae? Oh, and pay no attention to his talk of money, the first batch is on the house -- it's my pleasure to feed our noble constables!"

xedr

First Post
After shaking Talisker's hand and watching the group rush off to the bar, Darius joins Jonas in Iggy's office, with a despairing look at the empty plate where brownies once resided. He adds his support to the cause. [highlight]"The moonies have become quite aggessive, even going so far as to launch a preemptive attack against us while we sought out the halfling. We discovered empty weapons crates near where we were attacked, and also found discarded weapons bearing the moonie's marks. It's clear to me that, even without the testimony of the Greasy Boys, we've got a developing threat that should be dealt with sooner rather than later."[/highlight]

Leif

Adventurer
Ignatious Ironshirt

Fenris said:
"I believe that the Greasy Boys are correct in this sir. The Bloody Moons are currently and will be a significant threat to the city. The are well armed, much more so that most residents of the 13th ought to be. Someone is arming them. I believe that it is the Brotherhood, seeking to create a puppet out of the orcs to fulfill their nefarious plans."

xedr said:
"The moonies have become quite aggessive, even going so far as to launch a preemptive attack against us while we sought out the halfling. We discovered empty weapons crates near where we were attacked, and also found discarded weapons bearing the moonie's marks. It's clear to me that, even without the testimony of the Greasy Boys, we've got a developing threat that should be dealt with sooner rather than later."
"Hmmmmmmmmm...Bloody Moon Tribe.....Hmmmmmmm...Brotherhood of Eleven...Hmmmmmmmm. Very disturbing. Well, you know, the Brotherhood of Eleven is not in our jurisdiction, specifically, since their headquarters is next door to us in the 12th Ward, but they have been known to make incursions into the 14th, and there have been a few times that we have wanted to go over to the 12th long enough to smack them around good. But their "constables" won't stand for it. Bloody bunch of wankers they are, too! Let me see what I can come up with, Jonas and Darius. Thanks, boys."

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Brae smiles at the halfling proprietress. "Charmed to meet you, Miss Bulgar," he says, bending low to kiss her hand in greeting. "As for a drink, a pint of stout would serve the old palate quite well."

Remove ads