• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
Lou said:
Raul grimaces at the sight of another blob headed the party's way. The ceiling is low, and there are so many party members in the way.... thinks Raul. Glancing back at his paralyzed friends, Raul moves up towards the cube, positioning a shuriken in his hand to imbed in the cube.

[sblock=OOC]initiative for cube2 round1 (1d20+3=18) Being in the 4th rank at this point, Raul is moving up for a clear shot with his shuriken. Thea is short enough to throw over her head, but Moru is too tall(?) with the low ceiling. Raul will move up alongside Wally or so, looking for a clear path to throw.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raul]OOC: Just a thought: Raul should start with a move action prior to his attack, and get up there near Wally to avoid some of the obstructions, shouldn't he? You can take a move action either before or after an attack in the same round, as I understand it. DUHH, that's what you said isn't it! Ok, 1 move action to get by Wally and then the shuriken attack? go ahead and put the roll for your attack/damage in a different post, and we'll get it in the proper place later. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul's plan and attack for round #1

Leif said:
[sblock=Raul]OOC: Just a thought: Raul should start with a move action prior to his attack, and get up there near Wally to avoid some of the obstructions, shouldn't he? You can take a move action either before or after an attack in the same round, as I understand it.[/sblock]

[sblock=DMs]Maybe I wasn't clear enough, because that was what I intended to do. The plan is to move up first, looking for a clear space to throw, and then attack. Scott made clear in the swarm fight that in this case it's just one shuriken, not a flurry of blows with two. Drawing a shuriken is a free move.

And after all, the initiative order is not yet set. For all I know, Wally will get a higher initiative and charge into melee. :) The range on shuriken makes shorter throws better, too. Since distance is a factor, I'll leave the distance subtraction out and let you consider it when the throw occurs, but it probably won't be a hit....

Shuriken attack/damage (no distance mod) (1d20+6=12, 1d2=1)

Hopefully that didn't hit someone in the back for 1 point of damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Never mind. There is time for others to take action while Moru is casting the web spell, it won't go off until later in the round. My bad again.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea eyed the cube cautiously, trying to judge its rate of progress- at least well enough to not be caught in an awkward location as the thing moved inexorably forward. Then she raised her wand and fired a missile of force- it didn't do much damage compared to most of her fellow constables' attacks but every little bit would likely be helpful...

OOC: [sblock]Init roll was 19 (posted in post 790- right after Soulfetter). Use wand of magic missile, charge 2 of 50; damage 5 ( http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1289068 )[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Thea]The cube seems to be moving forward down the corridor at 15' a round. That could change after the web goes off.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Thea eyed the cube cautiously, trying to judge its rate of progress- at least well enough to not be caught in an awkward location as the thing moved inexorably forward. Then she raised her wand and fired a missile of force- it didn't do much damage compared to most of her fellow constables' attacks but every little bit would likely be helpful...
SoulFetter draws his mighty bow to the shoulder, sights carefully down the shaft, and with a smooth release sends the four foot, inch thick steel tipped missile hurtling deep into the quivering cube.
Raul grimaces at the sight of another blob headed the party's way. The ceiling is low, and there are so many party members in the way.... thinks Raul. Glancing back at his paralyzed friends, Raul moves up towards the cube, positioning a shuriken in his hand to imbed in the cube. He hurls it between Soulfetter and Moru where is sticks into the surface of the cube.
Wally also finds an opening between the front rankers to toss a dagger which sticks deep into the cube.
Moru cocks his head to the side and smiles. He pulls a piece of spider webbing from his belt pouch. "Let's see how you like it when you can't move," he says, tossing the web in the air and spitting out a phrase in Sylvanoptera. Defying logic, the web shoots down the hall as if it were a sling stone, not a flimsy filigree at the mercy of the wind. It arcs to the top of the cube, then grows at an explosive rate, filling the corridors in all directions with giant strands of webbing. "Get out your fire, boys."
His glee is short lived. The webs shoot forth and wrap around the cube, but its great bulk causes the strands to groan and snap. The also begin to dissolve in the acid that coats the cube. It continues toward the party with hardly a hesitation.
Seeing that the cube is moving inexorably forward, Rahvin and Jonas move to prepare to pull the still immobile forms of Darius and Alarion out of the cube's path.

OOC: Actions for cube2 round2?

Attachments

• Before_the_Door.xls
    20 KB · Views: 73

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads