D&D General Converse Releasing Limited Edition Dungeons & Dragons Sneakers

Four hi-top Chuck Taylors with different D&D prints coming in April

1.jpg

Converse announced four special edition Chuck Taylor hi-top sneakers with Dungeons & Dragons graphics. The collection will feature designs incorporating details from Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons.

2.jpg

Two sneakers will feature Chuck 70s style in canvas and leather, while the other two will be Chuck All-Star. The leather version of the All-Star will include a variant logo resembling a d20, while the canvas version will include illustrations of Warduke the Fighter, Kelek the Sorcerer, and Zarak the Assassin from the 1980s D&D action figure series. Some graphic options will also be available in the Converse By You custom shoe designer.

Along with the four trainers, Converse will release a line of clothing including baseball caps, t-shirts, shorts, sweaters, and more.

The Converse x Dungeons & Dragons line releases on April 11 at 10:00 AM Eastern. You can sign up for notifications and other information from the Converse website.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

If this is what Chris Cocks was talking about when he said 'the D&D brand is undermonetised' then my worry about the implications of that statement is slowly but inexorably being replaced by contempt.

Whacking the D& logo on every irrelevant tchotchke imaginable ain't gonna reverse Hasbro's share price slide any time soon.

Von Ether

Legend
I haven't had a pair of Converse since 1987. I'd feel ridiculous wearing them at my age unless I was playing basketball. I'd still feel ridiculous but more because I was playing basketball than what I was wearing.
Maybe my poor parents got the cheap converse, but I always remembering they were the most uncomfortable sneaker I ever wore. They had zero absorption and every vibration went through the shoes and into my feet.

Maybe my poor parents got the cheap converse, but I always remembering they were the most uncomfortable sneaker I ever wore. They had zero absorption and every vibration went through the shoes and into my feet.
Agreed. They were always terrible shoes with no support. There is a reason no actual basketball player wears them. They would have shin splints in a couple days if they didn’t brake their ankle first.

If this is what Chris Cocks was talking about when he said 'the D&D brand is undermonetised' then my worry about the implications of that statement is slowly but inexorably being replaced by contempt.

Whacking the D& logo on every irrelevant tchotchke imaginable ain't gonna reverse Hasbro's share price slide any time soon.
I don’t see the big deal. If it supports growth of the game or just revenue growth so the game can continue to grow who cares.

Remove ads

Remove ads