Converting Epic Level Creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
Hmmm, looking at the summon tanar'ri, I wonder if we forgot to say what Ilsidahur summons if you don't have FC1. Maybe vrocks? Not sure what Siragle should summon.

We used babaus in place of bar-lguras for Ilsidahur. Since chasmes are CR 10, and vrocks are CR 9, we could probably use vrocks as the alternative for Siragle.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ahh, ok, you'd already changed some of that. Yes, I think chasmes and vrocks will work pretty well.

What did you think about improved grab and energy drain?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated to add both.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will--deeper darkness, detect good, detect magic, dispel magic, fly, see invisibility; 3/day--greater teleport, invisibility, shout, suggestion, plane shift; 1/day--word of chaos; 1/week--forcecage, mass charm. Caster level 20th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

I'd suggest we move the 1/week abilities to 1/day, as they aren't that powerful.

I'd also suggest adding some common demon SLAs, like unholy blight and unholy aura.

And I think dispel magic should be upgraded to greater.

freyar

I'd agree with all of that. Given this
He is also able to utilize wizard scrolls and frequently has some in his possession, but not at this time.
should we add an ability that he can use arcane scrolls of any spell without a failure chance?

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
should we add an ability that he can use arcane scrolls of any spell without a failure chance?

Sure. We can modify the item master ability:

Item Master (Ex): Demogorgon can use any magic item, even spell completion items such as wands or scrolls. He can also create any item or construct as though he had the necessary feats and prerequisite spells or other requirements.

How about...

Scroll Master (Ex): Siragle can use use or create any scroll as though he had the necessary feats and prerequisite spells or other requirements.

freyar

Ok, are we down to skills & feats? For skills, how about Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (the planes), Spellcraft, Intimidate, Concentration, Diplomacy, Use Magic Device, Spot, Listen, Search, Jump, and Swim?

If slain, he will re-form on his home plane in one year, whereupon he will do all he can to make life unpleasant for his slayers.

We need some kind of rejuvenation ability, like the lie in state from Adimarchus, I think.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I agree with Freyar that a rejuvenation ability would be good. There should also be some way to prevent this from happening (slay him on his home plane? cast holy word and dispel evil on his corpse within 1d4 rounds?)

Feats-wise, Power Attack seems like a given for a bruiser like this. Cleave's nice, but not really required. Quicken Spell-like Ability could be good for either fly or suggestion. Improved Initiative, Multiattack are both solid. I'm tempted to give him Improved Bull's Rush + Awesome Blow + Combat Reflexes, so he can smack people who are in melee with him, then grab them with his tail when they try to close.

My vote for final feats? Awesome Blow, Combat Reflexes, Imp. Bull's Rush, Imp. Initiative, Multiattack, Power Attack, Quicken SLA (either fly or suggestion).

Demiurge out.

freyar

I like that feat selection. I think I'd quicken fly, if we're going for a melee theme. On the caster side (this guy is so versatile! ;)), I'd prefer suggestion, though. Depends on the focus you want to have.

How about this for the rejuvenation?

Rejuvenation (Su): If Siragle dies, he reforms on the Steeping Isle, his home layer of the Abyss, in one year. Any equipment Siragle was wearing or carrying at the moment of his death, such as a weapon or scroll, however, is left behind. If Siragle is slain on his home plane, he is dead forever.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Hey there, Demiurge! <waves>

The skill and feat selections look pretty good. I mixed up some of the ranks to add Bluff and Sense Motive. We'll need to bump his Str to 25 to meet the prereqs for Awesome Blow, but that's not a problem since he's already at 24.

Updated.

freyar

Looking good. For some Xs:

DR 15/cold iron & good ?
Telepathy 100 ft? or drop it to 60 since he's not quite as epic?

His original natural attack damage is pretty low. So how about 2d6 for claws, 1d8 for bite, and 1d6 for the stinger? That's a little better than the original version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases