• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Epic Level Creatures

Cleon

Legend
Yes, we probably should. [MENTION=83645]Nookie[/MENTION]?

How shall we resolve our demiplane/no demiplane discussion?

It's nice having a third party to act as a tie breaker, isn't it!

Although there is something to be said for our alternative method of a dodecahedron-off.

Cleon

Legend
Err i like plane of dreams idea so im leaning towards demiplane i guess.

Well that should have decided this question!

So, are there any amendments to the rough draft anyone fancies?

I wouldn't mind adding that a creature "outside the dream" can rescue a victim with the freedom spell. What thinks you?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Rats!

Let's add the escape via freedom. One question about the draft: so a creature that saves vs the illusion doesn't get transported to the dream world, even if it enters the mist?

Cleon

Legend
Rats!

Let's add the escape via freedom. One question about the draft: so a creature that saves vs the illusion doesn't get transported to the dream world, even if it enters the mist?

That's the idea. If they're not transported the "gray mist" is just a fog cloud to them.

I guess we should say whether they need to resave if they stay in the mist, or whether a single save is enough to earn a period of immunity (the normal 24 hours, perhaps?).

freyar

You generally don't have to re-save against illusions once you know they're not real, so I think I'd grant some kind of immunity period. Not sure if I'd go the full 24 hours, though --- maybe until they have another separate encounter with the mists, if we think that's workably precise.

Cleon

Legend
You generally don't have to re-save against illusions once you know they're not real, so I think I'd grant some kind of immunity period. Not sure if I'd go the full 24 hours, though --- maybe until they have another separate encounter with the mists, if we think that's workably precise.

Well 24 hours is one of the standard limits.

What would a "separate encounter" be? I'm assuming it will have to be something more elaborate than Andromidus reshaping his mists so the savee is outside them and then inside again.

freyar

Yeah, that's the problem. 24 hrs is a standard immunity time for a monster's special attack, but it would be really non-standard for an illusion. On the other hand, it's difficult to be precise with a "separate encounter" mechanic.

Cleon

Legend
Yeah, that's the problem. 24 hrs is a standard immunity time for a monster's special attack, but it would be really non-standard for an illusion. On the other hand, it's difficult to be precise with a "separate encounter" mechanic.

Maybe we should make it 10 minutes instead - that's long enough an encounter, but short enough to allow Andromidus to reuse it on the same day if his opponents retreat and come back after preparations.

Or, failing that, just make it a nice round hour.

Remove ads