Converting Epic Level Creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
Agreed to that. I'm assuming they will be elementals rather than outsiders, is that right?

Yeah, I think that's the best approach.

Added the air elemaster to Homebrews. I haven't added any divine ranks or modifications outside of improving the HD and ability scores of a primal air elemental.

Cleon

Legend
Yeah, we can just assume the Colossal size is their "true size", and allow them to use their size change ability to assume smaller sizes.

Yes, that would fit.

Added the air elemaster to Homebrews. I haven't added any divine ranks or modifications outside of improving the HD and ability scores of a primal air elemental.

They get 4 attacks instead of 2 following their "Attacks: 4 fist strikes".

What are we doing for Su/SLA? At the very least they should be able to cast all the Air description spells in the book.

Cleon

Legend
Per the divine rules, it gets all spells from its domain as At Will SLAs at caster level 10 + divine rank.

Updated.

That's only 9 spells from one Elemental Domain though, isn't it. The Immortals version suggests a broader spellcasting ability.

Oh, and how many Divine Ranks are we giving them? If they have authority over all Elementals of their type, that suggests Lesser God to me.

Rank 8?

Cleon

Legend
How about giving them spellcasting ability similar to the seraph, but limited to spells keyed to their element?

I was thinking something like this:

Spells (Sp): A fire primelemental can cast any spell with the Fire descriptor at will as an X level sorcerer. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Shade

Monster Junkie
How about giving them spellcasting ability similar to the seraph, but limited to spells keyed to their element?

This?

Master of Divine Magic (Sp): At will, a seraphim may use any core divine spell from the cleric spell list or the Fire, Glory, Good, or Sun domains as a spell-like ability, as long as it is not opposed in alignment. A seraphim may use any spell on the cleric spell list from a non-core source once per day (at the DM's discretion); these spells are rarer in the cosmos. The saving throw DC for such abilities is 21 + spell level (10 + spell level + seraphim's Wisdom bonus). Seraphs tend to favor spells such as blade barrier, holy aura, and holy smite.

Yeah, that looks great! Just swap in Air, Earth, Fire, or Water for the domains, and we're golden. :)

Remove ads