• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Epic Level Creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
Shouldn't we fiddle with its ability scores?

Dex 36 seems too good, and its Str and Con seem weak.

Compare the Primal Elementals:

Air Elder: Str 22, Dex 33, Con 18
Air Primal: Str 32, Dex 43, Con 28
Air Elemaster: Str 36, Dex 43, Con 36
Elder => Primal +10 Str, +10 Dex, +10 Con
Prime => Master +4 Str, +0 Dex, +8 Con

Earth Elder: Str 33, Dex 8, Con 21
Earth Primal: Str 43, Dex 8, Con 31
Elder => Primal +10 Str, +0 Dex, +10 Con

Following the previous progression would give Str 47, Dex 8, Con 35. I'd like to arbitrarily boost the Str and Con, let's say +5 each:

Earth Elemaster: Str 47, Dex 13, Con 40 ?

I definitely oppose dropping the Dex. These are deities, after all.
We were modeling it off the "Each has the full ability scores of the elemaster, all of which are 75 (+13 modifier)" from the original text, giving the minimum scores of 36 (to retain the +13 modifier).

We might be able to boost the Str and Con a bit more, but if we do, I think we need to boost the Air Elemaster's Dex score likewise.

Cleon

Legend
I definitely oppose dropping the Dex. These are deities, after all.
We were modeling it off the "Each has the full ability scores of the elemaster, all of which are 75 (+13 modifier)" from the original text, giving the minimum scores of 36 (to retain the +13 modifier).

We might be able to boost the Str and Con a bit more, but if we do, I think we need to boost the Air Elemaster's Dex score likewise.

Works for me. :lol:

Air Elemaster: Str 36, Dex 49, Con 36 ?
Earth Elemaster: Str 47, Dex 36, Con 40 ?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hey, Cleon turned into me! ;) :p

Yes, drop one of the Epic Prowess feats for Imp Init and add Dire Charge. That looks good.

Cleon

Legend
Hey, Cleon turned into me! ;) :p

Yes, drop one of the Epic Prowess feats for Imp Init and add Dire Charge. That looks good.

Yes, cutting an Epic Prowess makes sense. It's got a higher Strength bonus to help its attacks and damage, after all.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

In its true form, an earth elemaster stands 300 feet tall and weighs x pounds, but can use its change size ability to assume any height (with weight of a typical air elemental of a given size).

Remove ads