• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Cleon

Legend
Whenever that's updated, how about CR 3?

My thinking is this is one of those monsters with a very "swingy" Challenge Rating. Basically, its CR depends on what magic items the party has.

CR 3 seems a reasonable ballpark for an incorporeal creature with its Power Touch attacks and myriad defences.

Hmm, it might even lean towards CR 4, depending on the likelihood of its PC opponents being loaded down with magic items for the Tarsardar to turn against them.

Shade

Monster Junkie
My thinking is this is one of those monsters with a very "swingy" Challenge Rating. Basically, its CR depends on what magic items the party has.

CR 3 seems a reasonable ballpark for an incorporeal creature with its Power Touch attacks and myriad defences.

Hmm, it might even lean towards CR 4, depending on the likelihood of its PC opponents being loaded down with magic items for the Tarsardar to turn against them.

I'm inclined to err on the side of caution and go with 4.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
CR 4 is ok, though I think a party of that level isn't likely to have too many (or too powerful) magic items.

Remove ads