• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
i'm cutting out the size category restriction. :)

Create Likeness (Su): A vagabond can recreate the form of any living corporeal creature it has observed. This likeness functions in all ways as if it were a standard version of the chosen creature. It cannot take the form of a construct, undead, or a powerful unique creature (such as an archdevil), nor can it create the likeness of a creature with class levels. It takes a full round to form the body, at which point the vagabond merges permanently with it. If the body is killed, it is completely destroyed.

any comments or suggestions on the other two abilities?

All three look good now.

Turin - I don't believe I've seen the creature you've mentioned in any 3.x source.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Man, we are finally nearing the end of what I consider our toughest conversion to date. :uhoh:

Attack and Full Attack: Incorporeal touch +16 melee touch (power) or power +16 ranged touch (power)

For CR adjustment of template, what is 12 levels of psionic manifestation worth? +12?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i don't know, perhaps. but straight CR adjustment for levels is usually reserved for applying all aspects of a class (HD, save bonuses, etc) to a creature, is it not?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
besides that, some remaining issues. i think the creature writeup for the vagabond itself is basically done, though some fixes are required on the flavor text. as i've decided before, when the vagabond inhabits a body with no mind, the template should be applied, and the flavor text and template text should reflect that.

the template is basically ready, but maybe we should alter the name to differentiate it from a vagabond with no body at all, or borrowing the body of a living creature?

Mortis

First Post
BOZ said:
the template is basically ready, but maybe we should alter the name to differentiate it from a vagabond with no body at all, or borrowing the body of a living creature?

How about the Vagabond-age template. ;)

Regards,
Mortis

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
ewww how generic. :) how about Vagabond Host or Vagabond Form or something like that (still not great, but closer).

Shade

Monster Junkie
We could take a cue from the raggomofyn/captured ones and call it "Bonded One" or "Mindmerged Host" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads