Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, X=HD is easier, methinks. That makes it 8th-level for a typical one, which would give it 1d8 damage with its unarmed strikes. Are we giving it flurry of blows as well?

Skills: 77

Feats: 3
Improved Grapple (B), Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, 1 more?

For river travel, the Ga-hon-ga use magical canoes which will, at times of need, fly into the air with a single stroke of the paddle (acting as a Carpet of Flying).

Unique magic item, or supernatural ability to "animate" a canoe?

The Ga-hon-ga can control fish with the same power as a Trident of Fish Command, and they can Control Weather as a 12th-level druid.

Fish Command (Su): Three times per day, a ga-hon-ga may charm up to 14 HD of aquatic animals (Will DC x negates, animals get a +5 bonus if currently under attack by the ga-hon-ga or its allies), no two of which can be more than 30 feet apart. The ga-hon-ga can communicate with the animals as if using a speak with animals spell. Animals making their saving throw are free of control, but they will not approach within 10 feet of the ga-hon-ga. The save DC is Charisma-based.

1/day for control weather?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Umm, so are we giving it an Ex ability that it's treated as a monk of HD level for bonus feats? Is there a point to giving it a slam in that case? I'm ambivalent on flurry.

Need to rethink feats due to the above, I guess.

Climb?, Diplomacy?, Handle Animal?, Knowledge (nature), Sense Motive?, Survival, Swim

Su on the canoe, I think.

1/week maybe on control weather. I like the fish command.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Supernatural ability to fly, requires a paddle to focus.

Let's make Improved Unarmed Strike the bonus feat, and also give it... Combat Reflexes?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Thanks to pugulist, may I suggest switching Combat Reflexes for Stunning Fist? Or possibly Point Blank Shot for the rock throwing?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Let's go Point Blank Shot. After all, the rock throwing was emphasized as much (if not more) than the wrestling in the original.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

). These beings often visit men in their dreams, to lead them into their caves and challenge them to feats of strength such as playing ball with rocks, with the Ga-hon-ga frequently throwing the “balls” high out of sight.

Should they have dream as a SLA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads