Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

1d3 damage for the successful extraction, 1d6 for failure and remaining impaled?

Camouflage?

Skills: 10

Feats: 3
Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Finesse?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
All that works.

I can't even fathom what kind of skills this could use, given that it has blindsight. Spot maybe for stuff beyond the range of the blindsight?

Shade

Monster Junkie
A companion's foot slips and there is a loud crack of a snapping branch. The sound of rustling arises from one grove of bamboo-like plants near the stream--and then a spearlike object is flung to land, point first, in the path before you.

This cluster of spear grass is but one of several that line the bank the heroes have walked along for several minutes. The plants track by sound and then communicate with others of their kind using a rustling language. The party has just passed within short range of this cluster and it has flung one spear in an attempt to elicit more noise. Then the spear grass will alert the rest of the clusters to the presence of prey.

It sounds like a strong case for Listen, eh?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Environment: Any? (Wikipedia says bamboo grows in wide ranges of climates)

Organization: Solitary or stand (2-20)?

Challenge Rating: 4-5? (high potential damage output plus blood drain = nasty)

Treasure: Standard?

Alignment: Always neutral

Advancement: 10-14 HD (Large); 15-21 HD (Huge)?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
You seem to have given it the wrong Con mod for hit points--drop those from +54 to +27. It's got a high damage output, but its AC is garbage and it's immobile. I'd recommend CR 4.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yeah, +21.

Well, the "although" in the flavor text should probably be "since" to my way of thinking. But I'm not coming up with much else at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads