• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Greyhawk monsters

Cleon

Legend
With the trunk? Neat, I never knew that about elephants. Sure, let's do that.

Updating the Working Draft.

I increased the gore damage for the Pin Down attack, so it's a worthwhile tactic compared to a full attack. I also added a slam option to the attack line.

Anything else you fancy (such as Powerful Charge?), or do you think that's enough?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Powerful charge appeals, but maybe only boost the damage to 2d6+6. It makes sense, but it wasn't in the original, so a small amount seems sensible. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
This bear-sized elephant has foot-long tusks.

Oncos are smaller, more aggressive relatives of the elephant. Oncos wander the jungles in small family unints, normally made up of a single male, 1-4 females, and possibly young. Solitary onco are generally lone males in search of mates.

Although aggressive, oncos are still herbivorous, grazing on the jungle floor. As a result, they clear paths for other large creatures.

Onco are too aggressive to make good mounts or beasts of burden (treat them as magical beasts for training DCs). Their tusks are worth around 100 gp each on the market.

COMBAT

Oncos are highly territorial and aggressive. An onco fights by striking with its trunk and tusks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads