Converting monsters from Dragon magazine (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
How about something like this?

Telekinetics (Su): A tolwar can, as a full-round action, generate any two of the following effects:

Toss: A tolwar can throw a 25lb object (within a range of 10 ft) a distance of 20 ft. The tolwar can throw this object toward another creature with a ranged touch attack. If successful, the attack does 1d6 hp of damage.

Catch: A tolwar can catch a single large object of up to 25lb or up to two small projectiles (such as darts, arrows, bolts, etc).

freyar

Something more like this?

Catch: A tolwar can catch a single large object of up to 25lb or up to two small projectiles (such as darts, arrows, bolts, etc). These objects can be caught at any time in the full round.

Want to add telekinetic special maneuvers, too? Not strictly in the original, but they would seem appropriate.

freyar

If we took this from the telekinesis spell, it'd be a serious downgrade for the tolwar, since they'd have to use Cha instead of Str for the bonus on the maneuvers (and probably should lose their size bonus as well). So I'd decrease the range but keep Str, as follows:

Combat Maneuver: A tolwar can perform a single bull rush, disarm, grapple (including pin), or trip attempt on any creature within 30 ft. Resolve these attempts as normal, except that they don’t provoke attacks of opportunity and that a failed attempt doesn’t allow a reactive attempt by the target (such as for disarm or trip). No save is allowed against these attempts, but spell resistance applies normally. The tolwar uses its usual base attack bonus, Str bonus, and size modifier. To maintain a grapple, a tolwar must use this option every round.

It occurs to me that we should add a range to catch. Maybe 10 ft?

Catch[\i]: A tolwar can catch a single large object of up to 25lb or up to two small projectiles (such as darts, arrows, bolts, etc). These objects can be caught at any time in the full round but must be within 10 ft of the tolwar when they are caught.

freyar

Just to continue on here, is 1d6+ Str reasonable for the headbutt? 1d8 for the stamps? We may need to give these a slam or use the headbutt damage for trample.

freyar

So trample would be 1d8 +X then, I guess.

Concentration for the skill (I think Su abilities need Concentration, am I right?)? For feats, maybe Multiattack, Endurance, Iron Will?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads